The Medicine That Feeds.

Join us, they said. It'll be fun they said. Now I'm at a bar barely buzzed getting hit on by men about 20 years older than me. My friends invited me out to the city since I never get out as much. I refused, but eventually they convinced me. Now, all I see are my friends, Cassidy, dancing on one table, and Janet, on another. This doesn't surprise me, I mean naturally I am a loner so I didn't care much. They just wanted me to be happy actually leaving my apartment and stop concentrating on my short films. They even bought me a new dress to party in, a raspberry pink strapless with a giant black belt that was becoming uncomfortable. They are my only real friends, so I really shouldn't complain. I made eye contact with Janet and told her I was going out side for a smoke. She simply just nodded and continued dancing with her feather pink boa the dj gave to her. I grabbed my leather black jacket and walked out with my five inch heels.  

I leaned against the cold wall and pulled out a cigarette from my pocket with my lighter. It was freezing in new York and I'm in this itty bitty dress. I attempted to light the lighter but it ran out of juice, so I just flicked it. The I realized that I had a match in my other pocket, quickly I took it out to light my cigarette. I took a deep breath in and it felt nice and cool down my lungs. It was the perfect stress reliever for this night. A group of guys were walking towards me. They were giggling and and goofing off.  

One of the boys, shorter than the rest, sweatshirt, jeans, vans. He had hair up to his neck and a baseball cap on. The next guy, he looked like he could be related to the first boy was tall and slender. His neck was tatted up and he had long hair with a cigarette in his mouth. I even noticed his hands had tattoos. The third one had gauges and looked really adorable, he also had a baseball cap on and a really long braid exposed from the side. His neck was also tatted. The final boy caught my eye with his wild playful hair. While he giggled, I noticed he had dimples and I found him so adorable and such. He looked at me and stared with a smirk on his face.  

They continued to walk in front when they stopped and the short one came to me.  

"I noticed the way you were looking at Jaime over there," he said to me after walking up to me. "You know, we're not bad people, so you should come hang out with us and shit."  

"No thanks, I'm with friends," I replies politely. I inhaled some of the cigarette.  

"Bullshit." He said fiercely,"if they were your real friends, they'd be out here smoking with you, please, I'll help you get Jaime." 

"I don't even know your name, so how the hell am I just going to go with a bunch of-" 

"Vic," the boy my height said,"now come." He sounded serious and so I decided to go, I checked my phone to see if it was charged just In case of an emergency.  

60% was left, good enough. So I tagged along.  

"what's your name again?" he asked as we walked back.  

"Cara." I replied. We reached the gang.  

"Jaime," he pointed to the one with the fun hair, "tony," he pointed to the one with gauges," and mi hermano Mike". the tall slender one. "Guys, this is cara." I was shy I guess I really didn't think this through.  

"Maybe I should go back to my friends. Yes they are drunk off their asses, but you guys are strangers." I gasped. Vic gave me the pouty mouth and looked at me with his big brown eyes that were crying please don't go.  

"please cara, we've been on tour for almost a year and this is one f the breaks before we tour in the spring." 

"tour?" I questioned. They all nodded. "Sorry guys, but stranger danger and all that."  

Vic turned over to the boys, "we should just go, Cara obviously doesn't want to have fun tonight" 

"I do, just not with strangers."