Chapter 1: The real families

Hermione's POV

"Hermione, come down!"

"Coming Gin!"

I walk down the stairs of our house, thinking of what Ginny could want from me now. After the war, the Slytherins and the Gryffindors called a truce, so that we would at least be acquaintances, if not friends. So Ginny, Luna, Pansy Parkinson, Astoria Greengrass, Hannah Abbott, and I had all moved into my parent's old house, as it was big enough to fit all of us. After the war, I went to Australia to try and find my parents, but I heard that a plane crash had claimed the lives of Wendell and Monica Wilkins when they decided to visit Rome. I felt immensely guilty for the next month that they had died without any memory of their daughter. After two months, the guilt is still there, just not as much as it was in May.

Once I reached Ginny I asked her what the matter was.

"Hey Gin, what's the matter?"

"Help me get the house ready, the Malfoys, Notts, Zabinis, and Mom and Dad are all coming over in two hours. Along with them Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott, Harry, Neville, Ron, and Kingsley are also coming. Quick now!"

"Um... Well, Ok. I'll help get the house ready."

After around one hour and fifty minutes, the six of us got the house ready for the guests. We spent the remaining ten minutes sitting on the sofa that I had charmed to be bigger for this occasion, discussing what they might want from us. One by one they all came in through the fireplace. First Kinsley, then Malfoy, Zabini, Nott, Harry, Ron, Neville, Mr. Malfoy, Mrs. Malfoy, Mr. Zabini, Mrs. Zabini, Mr. Nott, Mrs. Nott, Arthur, and finally Molly.

"Welcome everyone, please, have a seat."

Us girls sat on one side of the couch, opposite the boys. Arthur, Mr. Nott, Mr. Malfoy, and Mr. Zabini sat next to the boys and Molly, Mrs. Nott, Mrs. Malfoy, and Mrs. Zabini sat next to us with Kingsley in the middle of the two groups. Then Kingsley spoke up.

"OK, everyone, there is an announcement to make. When it was the first Wizarding War when Voldemort was in power, the Notts, the Zabinis, the Malfoys, the Potters, the Weasleys, and the Longbottoms had to give up their daughters, as Voldemort was killing girls from these six families only. All you girls were given up to other families, except Ginny, who was given to the Weasleys, but Molly cast a glamour charm on herself to make it look like she was pregnant with their last child. She had also temporarily given Ginny to the Lovegoods, who took care of her and Luna when Voldemort was at the Burrow. After Voldemort's defeat, yes thank you, Harry, Ginny was taken back by the Weasleys. After the war, the Potters and Longbottoms were unable to take their girls back, as, well, you know why. Sorry, Neville and Harry. So now that Voldemort is gone for good, the families want to take their girls back."

"So are you gonna tell us now which family we belong to?" Asked Hannah. "Yes Hannah, I am going to tell you now. Hermione, you first. Previously a Granger, you are Hermione Sapphire Zabini. Ginny, previously a Weasley, now Ginevra Emerald Malfoy. Luna Lovegood, now Luna Ruby Weasley. Pansy Parkinson, you are Pansy Jade Potter. Astoria Greengrass, you are Astoria Pearl Longbottom. Finally, Hannah Abbott, you are Hannah Amethyst Nott. Now, thank you for your time, and I must be off to the Ministry. Goodbye!"

"Goodbye, Minister!" We all say as Kingsley flooes away.

"So", I start, "I think we should be meeting our new families now?" As soon as I finish, I see Blaise running at me in high speed and he pulls me into a monster hug that lifts me off my feet. I immediately hug back. "I'm so sorry for all these years, 'Mione!" I hear him whisper. "It's ok, Blaise, I forgive all of you," I whisper back. He puts me down and I turn to my parents. "Mom? Dad?" I ask. "Oh, Hermione, we missed you so much!" they cried. They pulled me into yet another hug, and Blaise jumps on us and makes it a family hug. We break apart and I see everyone else doing the same. Pansy was hugging Harry, Neville was hugging Astoria and everyone was in tears, even Malfoy.