Most Likely To Be A Disaster

Chloe walks out to the curbside pickup at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia, her duffel bag slung over her right shoulder. She uses her left hand to move the sunglasses to the top of her head, then pulls out her phone to see that her Lyft driver had arrived. She looks around for the blue Toyota Camry that was listed on her phone, spotting it and hopping in the car. She tells the driver to take her to her friend's address and he pulls away from the airport.

The entire car ride there, Chloe stares out the window and braces herself for the long weekend that she had in front of her. Chloe was back in town to celebrate her 10th high school reunion with her friends.

Chloe Beale had moved away from Georgia right after graduation, heading to Portland to live with her sister Claire. High school had never been too kind to Chloe, she definitely started out as a nobody and slowly worked her way up the totem pole. Soon, she was a cheerleader and dating the most popular girl in school, Beca Mitchell. It was no secret, what had happened between Beca and Chloe, but Chloe tries not to dwell on the past too much.

Which is one of the only reasons she agreed to come to this reunion and spend the weekend with Amy and their friends, because Beca never graduated from high school and therefore had no reason to be at the reunion. And Chloe was thankful for that. She didn't know if she could handle being in the same room with Beca after what had happened, regardless of how long it had been. Beca had broken her heart and completely abandoned her.

The car pulls into the long driveway of Amy's inherited house and Chloe lets out a deep breath as she gets out of the car. She grabs her duffel bag and heads to the house, thanking the Lyft driver on her way up the driveway. The door was unlocked, so Chloe pushes it open, calling out for Amy to see where the Australian could be.

She admires the plethora of awards Amy had received, for going on to be a professional wrestler, line the walls of the house. She calls out for Amy once more, still no sign of her friend anywhere. Chloe sighs, walking up the stairs to the kitchen where she sees giant posters of their high school photos lining the wall, all with their 'Most Likely To' phrase under each photo.

Benji Applebaum: Most Likely To Be The Next Houdini
Chloe Beale: Most Likely To Be A Motivational Speaker
Stacie Conrad: Most Likely To Cure Cancer
Emily Junk: Most Likely To Be Trip On National TV
Aubrey Posen: Most Likely To Get What She Wants
Jesse Swanson: Most Likely To Score Movies
Amy Wilson: Most Likely To Wrestle A Croc

Chloe smiles as she continues looking along the wall until her eyes land on one photo that she never guessed she would have seen.

Beca Mitchell.

Her heart stops as she hears footsteps approach her from behind, a tall body wrapping arms around her shoulders and pulling her into a hug.

"Hey, Chloe!" Aubrey exclaims happy, letting go of a still shocked Chloe. Aubrey looks at the wall and smiles happily. "Isn't this the cutest thing ever? Most of us actually went on and succeeded our 'Most Likely To's."

"Aubrey… why is Beca's photo on the wall? She didn't even graduate high school."

"Uhhhh…." Aubrey pauses, taking a step away from Chloe as the redhead turns around and glares at her best friend. "Something about getting an honorary diploma…"

"You knew, didn't you? Why didn't you tell me?" Chloe asks in disbelief. "Or give me a warning or something!"

"If I gave you a warning, you wouldn't have come."