Gosia

I woke up. Where am I? I had no recount of the past couple days. The last thing I remember was leaving my mother after becoming an adult at the age of one year old. The room was full of other cats walking around. It was then I realized I was up high. There was a big one in there too. At first I was afraid, but then I saw him feeding the other cats and cleaning their poop boxes. He stuck his hand in my...apartment? Apartment D. I hissed but later found out he was just giving me food and water. After feeding all the cats, he put a wet kind of food in my apartment and locked me up. I scratched and scratched at the door begging to be let out. But he just left me. I decided to try the wet food. It was delicious beyond anything I'd ever eaten before. It tasted like soft, fresh, red tuna and when I finished I found myself licking my paws over and over again. I couldn't sleep so I looked around the room at the others. The one in Apartment A was giving me the death stare. Below her was an excited cat who had fire in her bright green eyes. The cat closest to the ground seemed to be an introvert. I did my best to see right below me and saw a laid back cat, arms hanging over the edge of his ledge. Under me to the right was a beautiful black long haired feline. She meowed. In the last apartment, Apartment I, two five month old kittens comforted each other. A brother and a sister. I yawned. I knew I had to get some sleep, but it didn't feel safe. I ended up sleeping in my poop box. And that was how my first day went at the apartments.

On the second day I met the other cats. Starting with the one in Apartment B. She came up to me and proclaimed, "Hello, newbie! I'm Amber."

"I'm Gosia." I responded shyly.

"Just wanted to warn ya," she pointed at the death-stare-cat from Apartment A, "to stay away from Princess. She's like the warden. Always fighting. At first, I thought she was a spy for the big ones, but they don't seem to like her either."

"Yeah." I muttered. "She doesn't exactly seem like the uh...friendliest cat."

"Oh well. Have fun meeting everyone else. Oh! Flame, the one in Apartment C, is on her own. She doesn't do well with others. One thing I forgot to mention is: act nice to the big ones like I do when they come in. Then they'll never suspect a thing."

I have to say, she was a very confident kitty. I wanted to go meet the twins first, but they weren't allowed out yet. I jumped down, then jumped up to the cat below me. He was sitting with his paws hanging in front of him, just like before. The only thing I really learned about him was that his name was Joe. Last of all, the long-haired cat was laying across the floor twitching her shiny black tail back and forth. It was hard to resist trying to chase and catch it. It would be inappropriate to do this with a cat that was not my own mother. Also, I was old enough to play with toys instead of tails and I should act like an adult. When I came up to her, she hissed at me. The next minute, she came up to me and started cleaning me nicely. I decided to return the favor and clean her, too. The door opened. Three big ones came in. Two small ones and one older, taller one. The tall big one left while the small big ones worked inside the room. They pet Amber and tried to play with the cats. Surprisingly, Joe responded to the string with great energy. He jumped up, down, and all around. When he was done, Pinky came to meet him. They kissed. Obviously they were in a relationship together. I heard the small big ones talking about how it's not allowed. I hope they're love continues and that the big ones don't separate them. If they did that then they would be truly cruel. Princess walked up to the two. She hissed at Pinky and tried to bite Joe. They escaped, but seemed scared out their fur. Then a small big one put the toy in front of me. It was my first toy that wasn't part of my mother. It should have excited me. Instead, it scared me. I ran away. I stopped when Princess stepped in front of me. She hissed. That was enough to scare me. I hid in my poop box for the rest of the day.

Fun