➻ | 𝚋𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎́𝚝𝚒𝚝.

joe's pov.

after multiple takes of the scene where queen agree to play at live aid and gwil messing each take up horridly by laughing too soon and too hard that he was unable to say his line, the director of bohemian rhapsody called it quits on the scene and said we should take a break. i always enjoy breaks- they give me time to bond with my fellow cast members and learn even more about them, if it is even possible. it is also a time i can get some sweet, sweet food into my hungry, hungry tummy.

making my way over to my backpack on the floor, i unzipped it and pulled out an apple. it was in one of those cold boxes with a freezer pack that you'd get for your little kid and put in their lunchbox when they were going to school or something. childish things like that made the other cast members giggle, which is why i continued doing it the moment i realised they enjoyed taking the piss out of me.

walking back over to the set to sit down on a couch, my good friend ben hardy began approaching me. by good friend i mean we were extremely close, and very comfortable with each other, to say the least. i had always felt a little bit of tension between me and ben- not bad tension as such, but, you know... that kind of tension.
as i was in my daydream, the male clicked his fingers, immediately snapping me out of it. upon seeing me jump, ben let out a soft chuckle before he began to speak.
"oi, joe. let me take a bite out of that big apple, will you?" the boy asked, holding his hand out, wanting me to put the apple in his hand.
"i'm hungry, though! i'm going to die if i don't eat this apple, benjamin. oh, please let me eat it." i stared dramatically, putting the hand holding the apple to my chest and the other hand to my head. i then forced myself to fall backwards as if i was a damsel in distress of some sort. this fall wasn't the most graceful of falls, but, it had to do.

shutting my eyes and praying to our lord and saviour that i didn't crash onto the floor and die, i suddenly felt myself land on something that was a lot softer than the carpeted floor.
actually, instead of land on something, i should say land in something.
ben hardy cliché-ly caught me mid-fall.

"joseph! what do you think you're doing, randomly falling back like that?" he asked? tutting at me. my cheeks were beginning to burn up now, and there wasn't anything i could do about it apart from look at everywhere else other than at his face. suddenly, ben took the apple from my hand and placed it in my mouth, almost as if we were in one of those salsa dancing movies where they put the roses between their teeth. hm. that would make a good instagram video. me salsa dancing with a rose in my mouth.

"ben- what do you think you're playing at?" i mumbled, my words extremely muffled. my gaze darted to his sunglasses as my eyes tried to see through the thick glass lenses making his glasses sunglasses, but it was no use. i couldn't see his eyes at all through the tainted glass.

"nothinggg." the blonde began to giggle before leaning down and putting his mouth on the other side of the apple, almost as if he was trying to kiss me but as if there was a big apple in the way. oh, wait. a big apple was in the way.

my first instinct was to begin giggling and smiling like a maniac, wrapping my arms around his neck, which i did. being in his arms felt wonderful, even if we were just messing around.

but suddenly, panic hit.
ben's going to drop me.
i am going to fall backwards.
i am going to crack open my skull.
i need to get up now.

still laughing to try and play this off, i began standing up, using my arms to pull myself up although they were wrapped around his neck. ben helped me get back up from my dipped position, spinning me around. phew. i was up, and i could breathe.

taking a good bite out of my apple before releasing his mouth's grip on the fruit, ben took a small step back, his arms unwrapping from around my small frame. he reached up to his face and pulled down his glasses halfway, just so the bridge of the glasses was resting on the tip of his nose. he then winked directly at me before speaking.

"bon appétit, my dear."