Never again

Before Toriel could join others, she felt a grip of her hand pulling her back.
She turned around and frowned as she saw the white goat king. "What do you want, Asgore?!"

He lowered his head at her reaction. "I- I just wanted to ask you something..."
Toriel frowned more as she knew exactly what he wanted to ask. "No, Asgore!"
"But-"
"No! That is final! I do not care about what you have to say!"
"P- please, Toriel, just do not be mad at me." Asgore's tone was sad and desperate. He just wanted to hear her say something that wasn't full of hatred and anger.

Toriel sighed to calm herself down a bit. Her tone was still a little bitter but now much more friendly than before. "I'm sorry, Asgore but I am not in a mood for talking about this."

"I know..." Asgore nodded. "Neither am I but I still wanted to discuss it with you."
"I am afraid there in nothing to be discussed, Asgore. I am not going to change my decision."
"But... Don't you feel anything for me? Are all the memories of us gone?"
Toriel didn't reply.

"Can- can't you just try to give me another chance? Or at least.... Forgive me?"
"I am not ready to forgive you yet, neither to feel anything for you." Toriel froze for a moment and then said: "And besides... I've already found someone I have.... Feelings for."

Asgore stepped back in shock and his eyes narrowed. "A- and who?!"
Toriel frowned again. "You are lucky that I've even told you this."
Without looking back, she started walking to the surface entrance.
Asgore just stared back and then looked at the ground, not believing what he just heard...