Carnival - Modern!Au

With the Batter returning from a long game of baseball,he was gonna pay a visit to his dear beloved,she was always on his mind,he was a straightforward man,but when he first set his eyes on her,he was at a loss for words,he was a stuttering and blushing mess,he has never seen someone as beautiful as you before.

((Y'all are beautiful you can't tell me otherwise.))

And surprisingly,you were the first one to make the move,now most of his days with you consisted of you watching him win every game of baseball,then going out for a nightly walk in the park after the trip to the ice cream join you always went too.

This night,he had heard rumors that a carnival was going to open,and since you were feeling down in the dumps,he wanted to bring you there,so he can see that beautiful smile of yours again,he stopped abruptly as Zacharie- with his famous frog mask stopped him.

"Nice too see you win another game my friend!"

"Hello,Zacharie."

The Batter said with a deadpan expression,and a flat tone,he did not want to deal with him,or anyone in that matter,he wanted to see you,he heard Zacharie speak as he did not listen,perking up slightly as he heard a loud 'Bye!' As Zacharie ran off,he was probably going to see Sucre/Sugar.

Continuing too walk as he stared at the ground,he kept walking while you were in his mind,you were truly a gem,he grumbled as he had adjusted his black baseball cap and stopped abruptly,again.

He moved his gaze up too Dedan,and Enoch,and a shuddering Elsen.

"Great game Batter!"

Enoch boomed with his loud,heavy voice,Dedan grinned as his sharp canines were revealed,placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Do well with your next match Batter! I recently heard that they were going to replace teammates with better ones,so do your best."

Dedan said with pure genuine,Dedan and the Batter were never on good terms with each other until you came along,both were now friends,how did you do it? They had to go down to marriage counseling because of their rivalry,they weren't even married!

"I thank you both for your kindness,I need to head back home too go see my love,do you know where the carnival is going to be?"

The Batter asked as he had waited for an answer.

"Hhhh...I-It's downtown,by the d-docks,that s-sounds u-unsafe...hhh....also great g-game Batter.."

Elsen said with a nervous grin,Batter nodded and gently pat his shoulder.

"Thanks,you guys should tag along,its better to go somewhere with friends."

The Batter said with a small grin,they nodded as they laughed and said their goodbyes to go see the others and tell them that they were invited too the carnival down town.

His walk was the same as always,being stopped by thirsty women,and men too,he only had a spot for only one person in his heart,it was you,he ignored them as he continued walking,he was occasionally stopping to have a short conversation with others he knew and did not know.

He saw the familiar neighborhood and grinned,he was almost home as he had started running,he wasn't going to waste anymore time,he wanted to see you,nothing was gonna stop him- the Batter was running as fast as he can,he stopped up at the steps and entered,grinning as he saw you cooking in the kitchen,he gently set his trusty bat down and slowly snuck up behind you,taking his hat off and placing it down on the table to fully reveal the face you knew and loved.

You always admired his eyes,they were beautiful,he had four of them- and since the modern world they lived in,things like this were no longer that strange,he gently slid his sleeved arms around your waist and gently rested his head on your shoulder,you knew it was him,he always did the same thing over and over whenever he got home,it was his way of showing his affection and how much he missed you.

Turning around with a small smile,you gently placed your hands on his cheeks and kissed him,this wasn't the cold man he once was,he inhaled,he never got tired of the scent that lingered on your body and clothes,vanilla with a hint of cinnamon,oh how he loved you.

"I was thinking,we can head down to the Carnival for a while?"

He mumbled as you two had softly rocked side to side as you both were in each others loving embraces.

"That sounds nice,will the others be there?"

He chuckled and gently kissed your forehead.

"Of course,I knew you wanted to spend time with your friends."

You scoffed.

"OUR friends Batter,not just mine..."

You mumbled with a small smile,you always wondered why he always said they were your friends,they were his too,even if they never got along before you had met Zacharie and how he introduced you to everyone he knew.

"We should get ready,I think I made enough food to feed everyone in the group."

You mumbled with a small,sheepish smile,you always made mistakes with food portions so you both always had left overs.

* * * *
T i m e s k i p
* * * *

You hummed softly as you had gently held Batters hand as he drove,looking out the window as you grinned,seeing the bright,happy lights of the Carnival,parking in the crowded lot,you both got lucky that there was a spot left,taking batters hand as you started running,Batter following behind you as you had accidentally bumped into Enoch.

"Sorry Enoch!"

You said with another sheepish grin,Batter gently placing his arm over your shoulders.

"Its fine (Y/n),whats with the bag?"

Enoch asked,pointing at the bag,you grinned as you opened it.

"I accidentally made too much food,again,so I thought you guys would like it!"

You giggled as you had started passing the containers out,everybody eating as Zacharie shook.

"Zacharie? Is something wrong?"

"This...this...."

You perked up as Zacharies eyes lit up,he finished his food before everyone else.

"This is AMAZING!"

You had nervously rubbed the back of your head.

"I-it's nothing."

"My love definitely has a gift,don't they?"

Batter said as he gently kissed your forehead and you giggled.

"They really do,maybe after your next match,we can head over to your place and have dinner,with my help of course."

Enoch said with a grin,you knew how much he loved cooking and baking.

"I'm glad that you all enjoyed my food,i'll make sure that i'll try making the perfect amount next time!"

You said with a giggle,you blushed lightly as Batter had gently kissed your forehead again.

That night was filled with happiness,excitement,euphoria was in the air,and so was love,you and Batters bond was unbreakable,the group had so much fun,you were excited for the Batters next match.