Prolouge

August 30, 2015

   There is a strange man in my life. I see him often, working at a gas station or jogging past my house. I feel like I see him everywhere. Kind of like a shadow, following but silent. I'm too shy to ask his name, but maybe I should. He's always looking at me...

   I chuckled down at the pages of the diary. The owner was Matthew Stone, a cute and upbeat 18 year old. With brown curls and big blue eyes, he was a sensation with all the girls. Pair that with his charming and sweet personality, and you have a loved human being.

   Matthew was an interesting human. He was extroverted and loved to be around people, but was shy. He could hang out with anyone. Because he didn't condone violence, people tried to steer clear of it. When he didn't like a topic, his eyebrows furrowed, but his eyes never lost their gleam as he listened intently. He honestly cared for people.

   My name is Nathaniel. I'm 23, work at Gas&Bass, and I'm a serial killer. Or was. Now I sit in my cabin, high in the mountains where all I do is work and sleep. Life in the mountains is pretty peaceful. I get to see deer graze in fields, wolves sniff around my garden, and the circle of life every time Casper comes home with prey. He toys with it around the house before eating it slowly.

   Life before this cabin was much different.