The Morning After

Feeling the warm sun hit your skin, you turned over to your side so you could look at your boyfriend Leon still sound asleep. You smiled and reached out to move some of his hair that was covering his face. He scrunched up his nose when he felt your finger brush against it, lazily opening his eyes he looked over at you and smiled.

You always melted seeing his smile, there was just something about it that felt like home to you. "Good morning, Sweetheart. Been up long?" Leon yawned and stretched out his arms making sure he didn't accidentally hit you in the process.

You got a little closer and snuggled up to him resting your head on his bare chest feeling and hearing his heartbeat. "Not long, I actually just woke up too." He wrapped an arm around you letting it rest on your hip that was covered by the blanket.

You took his other hand in yours and brought it up to your lips so you could lovingly kiss his knuckles. His skin felt kinda rough but it wasn't uncomfortable. "Last night was something wasn't it?" Leon chuckled and blushed a bit remembering what happened between the sheets last night. He looked you over and saw faint bruising and marks on your neck that he left. "I, uh I wasn't too rough or too much was I? If I was, I'm sorry."

You looked up at him and stroked his cheek with your thumb reassuringly. "You didn't babe. Last night was amazing, trust me."

You leaned up and gave him a quick kiss to his lips."Good, I'm glad." He let out a deep breath and leaned down to kiss the top of your head. "So I have the day off work today, we can spend the whole together. What do you want to do today (Y/n)?"

You looked out the window and saw it was a clear and sunny day. You started thinking of something you two could do when the idea popped into your head. Turning back to Leon you smiled up at him and told him about your idea. "How about a picnic in the park? We haven't done that in a while."

Leon kissed your forehead and pulled you a little closer, so your body was against his. "Yeah, we can do that. Sounds like a great way to spend a great day like this. Though that means we do have to get up and get ready."

You groaned a little annoyed because you were very comfortable like this but you knew he was right. "Okay, but can we stay like this for a little longer?"

Leon smiled and started to run his fingers slowly through your hair. "Yes, we can but only for a few minutes and then we have to get up and shower alright?" You nodded enjoying the sensation his fingers were cheating on your head. "And to save time, you can join me in the shower if you want."

You laughed looking up at him both of you smiling at each other. "I don't think that'd be a time saver Leon. That is the opposite of what we need. Though it is tempting."

"It's definitely tempting." He leans down and captures your lips in a slow and passionate kiss, moving his hands upwards so he's gently caressing our face. You place your hands gently on his chest and pull away looking at him with a goofy smile. "I love you, Leon."

Leon kisses your forehead and looked back down at you with a smile of his own. "I love you too, (Y/n)."

You both stayed in bed for a few more minutes cuddled up under the blanket/ Leon was feeling happy for once after all the insanity he went through months ago in Raccoon City, and he had you to thank for bringing him back to this.