Part I

What if after the formal things went worse for Shin-Ae? And what if she and Yeong-Gi were more open about their feelings? (Not by much tho, I try to make this as real as it can get):

It's been three weeks since Yeong-Gi was supposed to follow Kousuke's orders. He didn't mind the work conditions he was put under – they were actually pretty refreshing and a change from boring school tasks. It gave him a sense of control and confidence and for once, Yeong-Gi finally had the opportunity in life that he can. And that was a big plus.

But by every force and try – he couldn't bring himself to forget about the Kim's party. He couldn't forget the guilt, the moments with Shin-Ae, the scene at the pool, the fact that the police found out. The hospital. It was impossible. His thoughts would gravitate to this night every time he would drift off. Most of the nights, he found himself reliving the moment they were sharing on the balcony the most. All the hurt. The pain. The grief. He felt it the same way as she did.

And it was his fault. His fault that she had to feel this way. She was so much more than she gave herself credit for, but because of the deal, he couldn't show her. He couldn't make it up for her, help her out of her own thoughts.

Never had he thought that someone could speak out of his soul the way she did. And now, nothing worried him more than her.

"You didn't sleep well, sir?", Jayce asks empathetically. Probably, his bags under his eyes betrayed him again.

"It's nothing. The traffic was pretty busy last night because of the roadworks", Yeong-Gi smiled back while pulling his hair back. Immediately, he noticed a missing figure in the office. "What about Kousuke? Shouldn't he be here already?"

"He decided to visit Miss Yoo for mental support", Jayce admitted, his voice lower now. Yeong-Gi again felt his chest squirm in protest of the images that appear to him, but he kept his face straight. Feelings weren't necessary for this situation. "Alright. So which jobs did he leave for me?"

Even if he was fighting against his brewing emotions, his voice sounded... monotonous. He would really need to step up if he wanted to survive this day too.

Not even an hour passed when suddenly, Kousuke slammed the door open. Yeong-Gi could surprisingly see the frustration and anger in his brother's expression when his eyes finally met his.

"I can't take it anymore. Miss Yoo requested several times of your attendance next to her", Kousuke spits out in anger, completely losing his composure. But Yeong-Gi couldn't care less. How could it be than Shin-Ae wanted to see him so badly? And why now?

He knew her. If she actually admitted wanting something that badly, she must be very... desperate. Hopefully, she was okay. Yet he couldn't imagine her being okay now. Not after what happened that night.

Yeong-Gi kept silent, signaling Kousuke to give him the information he needed. And hopefully the permission as well.

"She is officially leaving the hospital now due to... several urgencies that are needed to be dealt with. Apparently, Miss Yoo's situation is worse than I could have expected, and she would need someone to open up to. But, no matter how hard I tried...", Kousuke spoke in a reflective and sad tone, looking out of the office window, "... she would not tell me what the matter is. And as much as I hate to admit it, you and she seemed to have a rather well-going relationship before our deal. You may have more social expertise to cheer her up as well."

Even with the hurt and worried expression that Kousuke showed, Yeong-Gi tried to keep his façade, even though what his half-brother said was even more surprising. "Trust me, I'll help Shin-Ae and will be there for her as a friend. To be honest, it's your first request I'd love to fulfill", Yeong-Gi replies, and he can't hide the tone of slight aggression to see her again. He still hates the position he is under, knowing that a dear friend of his needs him so direly.