Journey of souls

As the afternoon glare of the sun broke through the forest canopy, the forest floor was bathed in brilliant light. Mist rising through the thick undergrowth like ghosts glowed in the light. In the cover of a mist patch a deeply troubled soul sat silently contemplating the events that took place earlier in the day. Returning to his hometown, Helvé had hoped for a glorious reunion with friends and family. Instead great evil had crossed his path. He did not understand what caused this evil to exist but he understood the consequences if this evil was left to fulfill its destiny. He sat on the leaf strewn ground concentrating on the sound of Hatirgh falls in the distance, allowing the roaring water to calm his troubled soul. The sound of steps in front of him made him open his eyes and he was immediately paralyzed by what he saw. Before him stood a majestic white unicorn, its hooves shining like diamonds in the sunlight. The unicorn's snow white body was unmarked and the single horn on its head shone like a polished pearl. The creature was looking directly at him and he returned the gaze with awe as unicorns were rarely seen. He stood up slowly not wanting to scare the beautiful creature away and at that precise moment the unicorn bowed to Helvé. He returned the gesture and as soon as he looked up the creature had disappeared back into the forest taking his sombre mood with it. He would discuss the happenings with his friends and together they would solve this mystery. He smiled as his excitement slowly returned at the prospect of seeing the people he loved after so many years away from them.