Prologue | RPD

It was raining lightly that day. that god damned day. Who knew everything would get heavier, weather included? He's interrogating, when it happens. It had been his first few weeks at the RPD police station and he was already in an interrogation room. He was proud, but then...It happened. The cry for help which rumbles throughout the entire station, and it distracts everyone. When the cold steel penetrates his vest and enters his stomach by just a bit, the world around him slows, some cops restrain the man, while the others run around to help out with the situation. He's barely given enough time to think when an officer, skin pales, blood over them bursts in, groaning. Before the man knows it, the people around him are being eaten, and he is stumbling past, trying to find medical treatment. The world spins as he keeps going and going, stumbling into a closet, and a voice comes from the other side. "I'll come back for you." He presses a rag onto the small yet excruciating wound. So he waits. Hours pass, he doesn't know how long it's been. He's tired, maybe he'll rest a while. He does, and well, that person never came back. But someone else did, when the door slammed open.