i. a friendly hand

SUMMARY: In which Jennie is kinda confused about her sexuality and asks her best friend, Lisa, for help.

-

Friday night is and always will be girl's night. Girl's Night had been tradition since Jennie and Lisa were twelve years old and still wore their Saddle Club pajamas to bed - although Saddle Club pajamas were now 'whatever alcohol you can find' and not having to wear a bra. All the same, it's a tradition that Lisa and Jennie like to uphold, even eight years later.

Jennie is currently picking a wedgie out of her butt, in the process spilling some of her Vodka and Coke onto Lisa's carpet, but Lisa can't really be bothered to care. "Hey Lisa, how many girls have you kissed?" Jennie asks, sitting herself upright again.

"I dunno," Lisa mumbles, her words already beginning to slur from the little alcohol she's had, "are we talking like... drunk or sober?"

"All up, Lisa," Jennie says, swirling the tip of her finger around the top of her glass.

Lisa shrugs, "Like... fifty? Maybe more?"

Jennie's eyes bulge open, "There's no way you've kissed that many people in your life," she throws one of Lisa's shoes at her, "I refuse to believe that."

"I'm twenty! I like to kiss people, what's wrong with that?" Lisa grins at her, waggling her eyebrows. "If we're accounting for all genders I've probably kissed ten thousand people."

"You're a dick," Jennie says, swallowing the last of her cup in one motion, "I'm trying to be serious here."

Lisa giggles, sitting up and crossing her legs, "Fine I'll be serious, why are you asking?"

Jennie shrugs, tucking the bits of hair that fall in her face behind her ear, "It's just like. I don't know anymore. Since I broke up with Kai I'm just bored? Like I fucked that guy at the club and I didn't feel anything. Which is weird, like after a relationship of over six months you'd think I'd care that I was finally with someone else but I'm just... I'm not? And like, it wasn't shit sex but it wasn't what I wanted at all."

"That doesn't mean anything, Jen. Why are you worried about girls?"

"I haven't even kissed a girl before, Lisa. I'm a twenty-year-old girl at university and I've never experienced something a lot of people do!" Jennie laughs dryly, and Lisa just knows that there's something Jennie isn't saying.

She crawls down to the edge of the bed, laying on her front and extending her tattooed arm out to run through Jennie's hair, "You don't have to be embarrassed to tell me something if it's bothering you. No matter what it is, I love you."

Jennie purses her lips, leaning her head into Lisa's hand, "I think I'm gay. Or bi, whatever. I think I like girls, but I don't know how to or who to experiment with because I'm scared that I'll hit on a girl and she'll be extremely homophobic or straight but up for a joke, y'know?"

Lisa nods, scratching her nails along where Jennie's hair was shorter on the sides. "It can be hard, I'll admit. Have you tried any girls yet?"

"You know Kim Jisoo?" Jennie asks, smiling grimly when Lisa nods, "I asked her to come out clubbing this weekend and she said yes but I don't know if she'd be up for anything like... that."

"Well she agreed, didn't she?" Lisa smiles, "This is good, Jen! If she's not up for girl on girl stuff then you can just try and meet some girls in the clubs."

Jennie smiles, "Yeah, but how do you even flirt with a girl?"

Lisa rolls her eyes, "Same way as with a guy, babe. Show your tits off, shake your ass, make 'em look at your mouth."