one

This ain't a movie that I wanna see

A tragic story, staring you and me

Yell cut, were stuck inside this scene

This is heartache on the big screen

I reached over to my bedside table and grabbed my phone and my glasses. I was too lazy to put in contact right now. As I pressed the snooze button on my phone, I read the label of the alarm that I made last night.

GET OUT AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND BEFORE SCHOOL RUINS IT

I chuckled to myself before turning off my alarm. I payed back in bed just as I received a call. I checked the caller ID-

Harper

Just as I pressed the accept option on my phone, I was bombarded by Harper's voice.

"Brook!! Get out of bed and get ready! We're on our way to pick you up for the beach!! Don't tell me that you forgot. Really Brooklyn?? This was our special thing with us 3 girls!! The weekend before school is let out we go to the beach!! We'll be at your place in 10 minutes!! See you then Brook!! You better be ready!!" She ended the nonexistent conversation with that.

Wow. You see, this is why Harper is my best friend. With out her, I don't know what I would do with myself.

We already made plans to go to the beach with permission, my mom said I could go and everything.

I quickly jumped out of bed and slipped on my bathing suit along with a 5 Seconds of Summer tee and denim shorts. I found my beach bag and filled it with the essentials- towel, money, my phone, spare clothes, sunscreen and my book. I knew that I had to do this fast, especially if I didn't want to keep that impatient girl waiting.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed a pear. My mom knew I was going this morning, but I thought that I would just remind her so I wrote a note on a blank piece of paper.

Left for the beach with Harp and Lay, be back soon. Call if you need me, I have my phone. Love you xx

Brook

I bit into my pear just as my front door opened and Harper and Layla walked in.

"Knock much?" I asked sarcastically and they both rolled their eyes at me.

I quickly finished my pear and we walked out to Harper's brother's car, and piled in. Her brother Ethan was coming with us to the beach, he was meeting his friends there.

We immediately turned on the radio and blasted music as we pulled out of my driveway.

We started to yell the lyrics, and had a great time

'BECAUSE YOU KNOW IM ALL ABOUT THAT BASS, 'BOUT THAT BASS, NO TREBLE,

I'M ALL ABOOUT THAT BASS, 'BOUT THAT BASS, NO TREBLE

I'M ALL ABOUT THAT BASS, 'BOUT THAT BASS, NO TREBLE

I'M ALL ABOUT THAT BASS, 'BOUT THAT BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS

YEAH, IT'S PRETTY CLEAR- I AIN'T NO SIZE TWO...

The whole car ride was blur- singing, laughing, and talking.

We were about 5 minutes away from the beach when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I thought that it was just my mom telling me to have a good time and be safe, but I was wrong.

It was a notification for some app called MeowChat. What the hell was that?? Harper or Layla must've downloaded it for me when we had a sleepover a few days ago.

MeowChat- @hayesgrier faved you! You are now friends.

As soon as I read that, my phone vibrated again, and it was from 'MeowChat' again.

MeowChat- @hayesgrier sent you a message!

What is going on? Who is Hayes? I wondered to myself. and that's when it all became clear. He was the kid Harper and Lay fantasized over. He was the one who was famous on the internet for doing nothing. Nothing. Literately. The only reason I knew who he was is because he's all Harp and Lay talk about. Seriously. Just because we both live in North Carolina, that doesn't mean that I have to be a fan of him.

"Uhh... Harp? Lay?"

"Yeah?" they responded simultaneously.

"What is this 'MeowChat' and why did that Hayes kid 'favorite' and message me?" I questioned them as I showed them the 2 new notifications on my phone.

They both looked at each other and thought for a minute. They were kinda of embarrassed, and their cheeks were a faint pink. I knew immediately that something was up.

"Oh come on guys. Please tell me!" I whined.

Harper decided to talk first. She faced me with an expression as though she was saying 'please forgive me'.

"Please don't be mad but..."

This can't be good.

*****

Okay so I know that I haven't been on, and that this story sucks so far, but hear me out!! I just finished a few amazing stories on here, and I was inspired to "fix" this one.

Comment, Vote and Read!!

Comment if you have any questions, input, or suggestions:)

September 2014, revised July 2015

Enjoy xx

O