Teenage Love

Koi Tower – All Sects' Meeting.

He didn't know when did he first realized it, but every time he sees him... he takes his breath away.

The fluttering of his sleeves... his hair floating by the wind... and his fan... he thought, then gulped. How I want to be that fan... he thought as he glanced at him.

Nie Huaisang is holding his fan, the tip of the fan on his lips as he laughed with the other cultivators.

"Jingyi?" Lan Sizhui called, waking him up.

Lan Jingyi blinked, then turned to him. "What?" he asked.

"... you're unusually quiet today." Lan Sizhui commented, his forehead knotted.

Jin Ling's just eating beside Lan Sizhui, but listening to their conversation.

"Ah." Lan Jingyi said, then glanced at the pretty man wearing green clothes, fanning himself. "Right. I'm just not feeling well – " he just said and played with the spoon on his bowl, secretly watching the man.

"Is that so?" Lan Sizhui said, his forehead knotted. "Then, we should report to HanGuang-Jun – " he said and was about to stand when he spoke.

"I'm fine. It's nothing serious." Lan Jingyi said and put down the spoon. He stood up. "I'll just rest, then I'd be fine." he told him.

Without waiting for him to answer, he left, passing by the group of that man.

"Sect Leader Nie." One of the cultivators called. "when will you get married?" he asked him. "You're not getting any younger - "

His feet froze. He stopped and looked at them, a few feet away from them.

"E-eh?" Nie Huaisang said, feeling wronged. "Am I that old?" he asked and forced a smile, which turned to a grimace after the other laughed. "Geez. You know this (relationships) isn't just decided on a whim – ah." He said when he saw him.

Their eyes met.

Lan Jingyi calmed himself, as well as his raging heart, then respectfully bowed. He then silently left.

"Oh. The GusuLan Sect's disciples are always well-mannered – " one of the cultivators said, them watching Lan Jingyi walking away.

"Yes, yes. They're also all handsome - !" a female cultivator said.

"Hey. Watch your mouth. You're already old, you hag – "

"Geez! Can't you be more sensitive?! I know that of all people!" the female cultivator said and sighed, frowning.

They all continued to talk about the GusuLan Sect, but Nie Huaisang isn't listening.

That kid just now... he thought when he remembered the moment their eyes met. Isn't he supposed to be more... drastic? He thought, remembered one of the two kids that's always hanging around Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji.

Just now, he... he thought, his forehead knotted. He looked matured... he thought. Though, for a second. He chuckled.

He fanned himself and joined in the conversation which the topic now changed again.

"Ah – " a voice said.

"Hm?" Nie Huaisang said and looked down, his fan covering the lower half of his face. He saw shining, black hair tied in a ponytail.

He couldn't help himself but raised his hand and touch that shining hair.

"... Sect Leader Nie." A voice said.

"Hm?" Nie Huaisang said and his hand stopped. He removed his fan and saw a GusuLan Sect disciple.

His hand is still above the disciple's head.