Plane Crash Panic

I didn’t know what to do, tomorrow my boyfriend, the only one I have truly loved was about to go on a plane to halfway around the world.

I just lay on the bed crying into his shirt as he held me.

He just kept whispering to me quietly "Everything is okay, love. I promise"

I managed to fall asleep, but in the middle of the night I would jolt awake. He just held me again until I fell back asleep. It wasn't a peaceful night at all.

***

The next morning all the boys and I jumped in a taxi to the airport, we just sat there in silence, I think it was because they knew that Niall and I were torn up about having to leave each other again.

We all unloaded and checked in. We then made our way slowly to the terminal.

30 minutes later the boys were paged. At that moment it all hit me, how I wouldn’t see him again for another 6 months or even more, how I couldn’t be with him for all that time, I couldn’t just run to him if I had troubles or I needed to cry while he held me, I just had to deal with it myself again.

“I have to go now” Niall reminded me in a hushed tone, as not to startle me.

“Yeah” I replied distantly.

We walked over to the gate in each other’s arms. He kissed me and let go.

He walked toward the door, turned back to face me and said “Bye”.

“Bye” I replied trying to keep the heart wrench out of my voice.

I turned around and hurried away trying to stop myself from crying in front of him.

I only made it to the next terminal before I broke down. I just fell down, put my head in my hands and cried. I think I scared people away because no one bothered me. It was nice to feel like I was alone, somewhere private, even though I was in an international airport.

I didn’t know how much time went by but eventually I managed to stop crying, then I stood and walked in the direction I thought was the exit. I’m not sure what time I got home, but it was dark if that’s any indication.