1 - The Journey

Claire was cooking dinner as usual waiting for her husband to come back. He usually work until late night. Suddenly the phone rang, Claire picked it up.

"Hello honey. I'm on my way, I'll be there in five." said Matt.

"Okay, I'll set the dinner table." Claire explained.

Claire heard the door lock unlocking, she figured that Matt arrived. Matt opened the door and rushed inside.

"Honey, I have a surprise for you!" He then handed her a piece of paper.

Claire looked at the paper and a little smile drew on her lips.

"We rented a lake house?!" she asked.

"Yes honey, I knew you always wanted to spend the summer in a lake house." he answered.

"We won't be spending the whole summer though, just two weeks." Matt implied.

"But what about your work?" asked Claire.

"Don't worry, I took two weeks off starting from tomorrow."

Claire and Matt ate their dinner quickly and started packing up for the big trip. The next morning, Claire was making breakfast as her husband walked into the kitchen.

"Everything is ready." said Matt excitedly. "We'll drive right after breakfast."

Matt got in the car after packing the last suitcase. He sat on the driver's seat with his wife next to him.

Matt was a very handsome man with sky blue eyes and dark hair, his smile would expose his deep dimples. He was a kind and cheerful guy but very competitive. Claire was also a very beautiful woman. She had dark green eyes that looked like a cat's eyes, her hair was bright yellow that she liked untied. It looked like rays of sunlight falling on her shoulders.

"The lake house is a four hour drive." said Matt. "We should be there by noon."