Blind Date

February fourteenth: Valentine's Day. Len had spent each one without a significant other. He had always wondered what it would be like to go out on a date during what was considered to be the most romantic time of the year. He didn't personally find the day to be anything special, but he figured that if he had someone to spend it with then maybe he would feel different.

"Kagamine Len." Ah, his name was called. Getting up from his seat, the aforementioned boy made his way up to the front of the classroom where a student handed him a rose and a small box of chocolates. It was something the school always did. Every year they would put up a booth where students could pay a couple of dollars to have a rose and chocolates sent to their crush or to their friends. Usually people would put their names on the cards that came along with it, but there was always the option to have them sent anonymously. In this case, the one Len received was anonymous. He assumed it was from his sister. He figured that she pitied the fact that he never got anything during Valentine's day while she did. He never actually asked her to confirm his suspicions though.

As the bell rang to signify the end of the school day, Len slung his bag over his shoulder. Walking out of the classroom and making his way through the crowded hallways toward the front of the school, the short blond was knocked back to the ground as a group of football players pushed their way past everyone.

"Are you okay?" Turning his head toward the person who spoke, Len's face immediately flushed a shade of pink. Kaito Shion stood there holding a hand down toward him, offering to help him up off of the ground. Taking it gratefully, he got up off the ground.

"T-thanks," he muttered shyly. It was a known fact to all of his friends that Len held a massive crush on the man who stood before him. It was a long standing crush; one that had been an ongoing thing for years. They had always gone to the same school, though they were two grades apart. Kaito was always part of the music club, but Len had always been too nervous to actually join as well. It was only when he had begun high school that he had gathered up enough courage to join and he was glad he did. For a whole school year, the blond had been able to admire the blue-haired beauty that he adored and was even able to speak to him every so often. However, he had not spent enough time around the other to actually rid himself of his nerves.

"You're welcome," Kaito spoke, smiling sweetly. Len took notice of the way the bluenette eyed the rose in his hand, the look on his face shifting to that of a knowing smile. Although confused, Len decided not to ask about it. "Be careful on your way home, okay?" Kaito gently patted Len's fluffy blond hair before walking away, waving at him as he did so.

Staring at Kaito's retreating figure as it disappeared in the sea of students, Len was startled and almost fell forward as someone jumped onto his back. "Len!" Ah yes, his sister. Who else would it have been? Putting the stem of the rose in his mouth and making sure the box of chocolates were safe in his bag, the younger twin reached behind him to hook his arms around Rin's legs so that he could carry her properly. Though Rin was probably one of the lightest people he knew, Len's arm strength wasn't much. He struggled to carry his sister, but decided to think of it as a workout that he desperately needed. "So how's McDreamy?" he heard her ask. "I saw you talking to him just now."

"We didn't talk much," he admitted, speaking around the stem in his mouth. "He just helped me up off of the ground after I got knocked down." Len began making the trek out of the school building. Rin had said nothing more about the topic and was unusually silent. It was only when they were a block away from home when Len spoke up. "Okay, okay. What do you want?"

"What makes you think I want something?" Rin asked defensively.

"Well, you're never this quiet unless you're thinking about something. And the only time you're thinking is when you're trying to figure out a way to ask for something. So what is it?"