summers end.

a gentle breeze carried their love. flowing in a direction of hope.

her smile, prettier than any summer's day. lips pinker than a tulip, tender and kissable- which would sing wonders of sweet tunes about pure romance. a tear escaped as she realised how she could no longer listen. like a new born lamb, she'll soon accept her fate.

midday, all was listening as she sang. her brunette curls rested on the grass, and head on charlotte's lap. her lips soothed the flowers, calmed the butterflies and bees.

charlotte was most captivated by this girl. each touch of her pale skin was a shiver of her own which pleaded. her index finger travelled down her jawline towards her chin. tingling desire... was she worthy of the lips which she possessed?

"ella."

she addressed her girlfriend in a soft spoken tone, not wanting to startle her as they hadn't spoken since they arrived. ella's hand guided charlotte's away from her chin before rising from her laying position.

"oh dear, emotional already?"

ella's nurture warmed hearts, especially the winter within charlotte's. the girl leaned, pressing a light kiss where the tears once appeared. selecting with delicacy, the other hand picked a daisy from a flower patch beside them. ella lay the daisy in the palm, viewing it with a smile.

"i am fond of you, charlotte. you're the light which makes my flower flourish."

ella's free hand cupped the side of her cheek. charlotte's eyes drifted away, flushed with her shyness. with her dainty fingers, she slipped the daisy in charlotte's hair as her lips met hers.

dresses flowing in the noon wind, hands laced together and whispering "i love you" between chaste kisses.
time halted in their favour.

summer left slowly, just like her.

she turned her head, waving her sorrowful goodbyes. no more summer, no more ella. the whistles of the wind replaced her tune.

some may say "charlotte, summer will roll around again"