Chapter 1

Jayla

"Work, work, work, work, work, work
He said me haffi
Work, work, work, work, work, work!
He see me do mi
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt!
So me put-"

Ughhh its 6:00 am already.  I don't got time for all this its bad enough im not a morning person. But it's school, I have to get up anyway or else my daddy's gonna come up here and throw a bitch fit. Jayla Leshae Howard, or Jay for short. We recently moved to California since my dad got drafted to the Los Angeles Lakers. Mr. Howard or "Daddy" adopted me at the tender age of 16, which means we got well acquainted over these last 2 years. I'm originally  from Jackson,Mississippi, but when I got adopted we moved to Atlanta til he got drafted.

I got out of bed and yawned loudly making my way to my restroom, which was connected to my room. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was so disgusted by my looks at the moment, how do those people in the movies wake up looking fleeky?  I used the toilet then washed my hands. I grabbed my Crest 3D White toothpaste and brushed my teeth. I headed back in my room and plugged the charger into my IPhone 6+. Perks of being a celebrities daughter, you get everything. I can admit im spoiled but im not a brat, I know how to appreciate the little things.

I went inside my closet and picked out my outfit for my first day. I recently got enrolled into "Cali High" just hearing the name makes me think about how I might not fit in. I never really was the one to have female friends. It's not my fault that they envy me and boys love me, not to sound cocky or anything. It's my senior year and I plan to make the most out of it. I got dressed and did my hair and beat my face a little (MM), nothing major it's just school. After I was satisfied I grabbed my black "Nine West" crossbody bag and my peach binder, along with my car keys and the love of my life my phone.

I went downstairs and say my dad sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. Figures, he doesn't even know how to cook. Even if he attempts he's gonna burn the whole kitchen. Like seriously how do you burn CUP NOODLES?!?

"Hey Baby J" he says acknowledging my presence.

"Wassup" I say heading to the pantry taking out a pop tart.

"Just chilling like a villian, isn't that what you youngins say now a days?" You should have seen my face.

"Um no, matter of fact nobody says that at all" I say giggling.

"Yeah whatever, you ready to start your day? I called up there and they said they already got your schedule printed out" He says getting up rinsing his dish out.

"I am, just a little nervous. Im not really favored when it comes to going to new schools." I say sadly. Nobody never really liked me, and i never knew why.

"It's ok, this is a new school with new people, just don't automatically assume" He says warmly. Whatever that means.

"Yeah I feel you, but it's 6:45 and scho starts at 7:15 so Im headed out" I say rushing while eating my pop tart and gathering my things.

"I have to be headed out too, tell me how it goes later and don't cause any trouble" He says while smiling.

"I won't I'm a good girl now, see you later" I waved walking out the house and running to my 2015 Honda Civic. I silently prayed as I started my car up for this 8 minute drive. I hope eveything goes good, because I refuse to go back to the way I use to be. Not anymore.

Time for a new Jayla.

Throwing hella bands 😂 New story though. This chapter was just a filler, this is only the beginning.

Long. Live. Taniyah