🌸the boy🌸

I hate that I'm not the warmth when you're cold, or the hands that you hold.

Your absence is my death as your presence the very life itself.

Those eyes that have been my sun, it pains to see them shining for another.

-Anonymous

He watched him from afar

He watched him from afar. The boy he loved.
The boy who once loved him.
The boy currently in the arms of someone who wasnt him.
The boy who was better of without him.
Guess it was a good thing the boy didnt remember him.

He remembered his bright smile, like the yellow roses in his hand, when he first fell in love with the boy, prettier than every flower in the world. (The boy didnt remember the way he blushed like a red rose when he was handed a stem of pretty lilacs. Love at first sight he had said.)

He remembered how the boy brightened like a sunflower everytime he place a flower in his hand. Bluebells orchids roses tulips mallows primroses. A new flower of love everyday for the boy. (The boy didnt remember how he loved being called his poppy. His aster. His lilly.)

He remembered how small his waist felt under his palms, dainty like a daisy. (The boy didnt remember how it felt to have those large palms gripping his waist with such intimate delicacy that he melted like putty in his presence.)

He remembered how it was to kiss his petal soft lips. (The boy didnt remember how it felt to kiss his chapped lips.)

He remembered how much he despised coffee and loved hot chocolate. (The boy didnt remember how much he loved coffee and banana milk.)

He remembered how it was to wake up to a sight more beautiful than the dawn sky itself, entire heaven personified into his life beside him. (The boy didnt remember how it was to wake up to morning kisses and doe eyes and unadulterated love seeping into the cool morning air.)

He also remembered his eyes, big with fear and pain, something he never wished to see again. (The boy didnt remember how his body shook and his mind went numb, the gun against his temple the only thing he could process)

He remembered watching and being able to do nothing as the love of his life stepped in front of him, intercepting certain death. (The boy didnt remember the sheer panic and adrenaline that coursed through him when he saw a tiny red light blinking right on his love's chest, where his heart beat.)

He also remembered how cold he felt in his arms, how his warm skin was icy, tan flesh red and yellow sweater crimson, smooth wrists criss crossed with angry abrasions and blood. (The boy didnt remember how he struggled against the bonds till his wrists bled or the slicing pain of a bullet through his body or the painful crack as his head hit the ground)

He remembered watching from the window of the hospital room as the doctor told him his shining star may never remember him again. (The boy couldnt tell who was this person that left him his favourite flowers. The boy didnt know why his heart ached as he watched him walk away.)

He remembered how he cried, for the first time ever, and made up his mind to stay away. To keep his pretty flower safe. He was better off without him. (The boy couldnt tell why being in the arms of his cute sunshine of a perfect boyfriend didnt seem to be able to fill the empty space in his heart.)

He watched on the wedding day as his moonshine, his sunshine married another man. He wailed in the rest room but consoled himself. (The boy was happy as he kissed his husband. A man who made him feel his best yet not complete enough. The boy still didnt know why.)

His life was in good hands. His life would remain in good hands. His own hands werent good enough to keep his dove safe.

His love was happy and secure and thats all he ever wanted.

"I love you Taehyung-ah." He whispered to the air.

"I love you Hoseok-ah." The boy announced on the mike.

No one heard the heart crumbling to dust and the soul shattering to oblivion in the next room.