The Lost Thing

I was at home doing nothing really. When I started to think about all the things I had lost, and how many things other things people have lost in the world. I also wondered about how they were lost. I grabbed an old piece of scrunch up paper out of the bin next to my desk. I started to dot down the possibilities,

-They exploded

-They grew legs and ran away

-They where stolen

-They were eaten

-A monster from under the bed turned them into more monsters

I started to think about the second one. I mean if they grew legs did the grow arms? If they grow arms and legs do they have human feelings? There are so many questions I need the answers to. I don't know if I was annoyed because I didn't know the answer to something, or if I was excited because I might find out something's one else has.

So being me I walked to the park to ask my friend if they knew anything. When I got there I asked them if they have ever thought about this after explaining it to them for about five minutes. Being my friend they just said whatever and went back to texting.

When I was walking home I took a short-cut though the bush. It when from a little lamb walking through a mystical woods, to a dark wood over looking the little defenceless lamb. I here the bush beside me move I look back but it's still. I swear I heard it move again this time I walk over to the bush. I look behind the bush to see four dolls in a huddle look at me then freeze.

*Five years later*

It's been five years since I saw those dolls in the bush but they are still sitting on my dest next to the piece of paper motionless.