A Battle of the Heart

I am re doing my story and hopefully you enjoy it. it will take some time to upload for i have been having a lot of writers block. please enjoy and leave a comment if you like.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Battle of the Heart

Birthdays. The sign of another year older, and closer to independence. I was turning twelve today and I was so happy I was spending it at the campsight. My parents, brother, and I have always lived on a marine base. My father and mother are commanders for the marines ever since I could remember. My brother Derek and I have always looked up to them.

We traveled a lot. I was never in a house longer than four months because we contantly had to keep moving forward to the next destination. So I never had many friends. The only friends I ever had since I was a baby were Johnny Handrall and Ivy Ellington. Their parents and mine were in the same commanding postition so we always moved together.

My life was so happy, and complete. I had everyone I needed and deserved the things I had gotten. I mean I have the best brother any girl could wish for. We always treated eachother nicely and we never argued. Not once.

My parents decided to surprise me for my birthday. My brother and myself were in the back seat of the car, my dad driving and my mom in the passenger seat. I had no idea where we were going but I didn't mind as long as I was with my family. We sat at a red light talking about how my brother was going to join the marines to carry on the tradition when we were hit. A car came out of nowhere and we had a head on collision.

It was all in slow motion. Derek had just told my parents he ws going to be a marine when he turned seventeen even though he was fifteen now but my parents were pleased all the same. They were holding each other's hands and stared lovingly in one another's eyes. The car came and the windshield shattered all over my parents. Not once did they let go of eachother. I looked over to Derek and saw that he hit his head pretty hard, his arm and ankle fell in a weird place. I looked back at my parents and saw they were unconsious.

I knew I was in pretty rough shape as well but I could not care less. My family was hurt. The ambulence had come and helped us to St. Joseph's Hospital and rushed us to get fixed. I ended up having a broken left arm, twisted ankle and major cuts that will leave scars and bruises. Derek had similar injuries as me as we waited together for our parents.

We were in the hospital for many hours and we still had heard nothing about our parents. The doctor came out and asked if we were their family. That's when i found out my parents died at 11:39 p.m. The same day, time, and place where I was born.