Chapter 1 "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"

London, 1970

I had been woken up at promptly 7:00 am by my annoying alarm clock. I look outside at the sky and it's a light grey cloudy type of day. I usually get to work by 8:00 and I am usually there until 6:00pm, maybe earlier.

"Nothing like doing the same thing every day " I say to myself as I slowly make my way from under my covers and took a step onto the cold hardwood floor. It is going to be a long day, I hope it isn't going to be a shit one though. 

My flat is a decent size, theres 1 bedroom a bathroom, the kitchen , a dining area and a living room. 

As I look around my room, I go over to my record player and pick out a beatles album to have on as I get ready for my day.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds from The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts club album starts to play. 

" Always a good song to wake up to" I smile, this song is fun to listen to because my name is Lucy.

I walk slowly over to my closet, kind of dancing to the music while walking over. I start to think about my day as I pick out my clothes.

I have work until 6:00 and then tonight I am going out to a pub with a friend,  I heard there is a good band playing tonight. My friend and I love going to pub shows. 

Quickly, I get into my work clothes and then head to my kitchen to put on tea. I decide to make some toast and sit down in a chair. I look out my window to see that it is just barely spitting outside but I could tell it rained all night. There were puddles everywhere and there were raindrops coming off of the tree outside of my window. I have a top flat, so I have a nice view of the city where I can see everything. I run up stairs and turn my record player off before I do anything else.

7:30

I eat my toast and bring my tea in a to go cup to work, I'll be late if I don't leave right now. I grab a jacket off of the coat rack that I have near my door, lock it and head out." I forgot an umbrella, shit " I say to myself, Damn rain, I wore the right pair of shoes though, should've looked outside.

I walk the streets of London in the early morning, dreading the work day ahead. I catch the tube and get off at my stop. " Same shit everyday" I say to myself quietly as I walk into the boutique I work in. I walk in and greet my co-workers and I see my best friend , Amelia waiting for me behind the counter. Amelia has been my best friend since we were 5l, we went to Fox Primary School together.

" Lucy!" Amelia exclaimed running over to me, she immediately pulls me into a tight hug.

I love her so much, I think to myself and smile at her.

" I cannot wait until later, I heard the band is really good and they have a new lead singer. His name is Freddie." She exclaims.

" Oh, okay sounds cool. I'm excited too!" I say and we both go behind the counter and sit down.

"The drummer is really cute, his name is Roger. I think he is around our age." Amelia says while looking down at her hands, she is fidgeting with a hanger.

" Really, what does he look like?" I ask, Amelia starts to smile and gets up putting the hanger on the counter.

" Well, I wouldn't want to ruin that for you, now would I? You are seeing him anyway tonight." She says while walking away leaving me curious and excited for later.

Hi everyone, welcome to my story, 1970. My name is cait and this is my first Queen fanfiction. Shouts out to my Wattpad Whores group chat on instagram, yall are the realest. My instagram is queenbigchungus and yous should go follow me! Thanks for the support!