one.

I roll out of bed, knowing that I have to get up, it's my flight today, and I'm finally leaving guernsey for london. I can't wait, so I grab my bags and drag them through to the kitchen. My parents secured me a flat in what is apparently an exclusive apartment building, the Stratford Halo Tower. I grab some cereal, and wolf it down, eager to leave. I quickly walk into my parents room, giving them both a warm embrace before getting into the cab. I can't believe it's finally happening, I'm finally free.
We arrive at the airport, and I hop out, grabbing my bags, and thank my driver. I walk into the small airport, checking in then waiting for the flight to be called. It's not busy today, I see a boy who looks my age, and a few businessmen, and that's it.
"Flight 24 to London, boarding now, please make your way to the gate."
I gulp, not looking where I'm going, and I crash into one of the businessmen, who glares at me.
"Watch it sweetheart, get out of your head." He scowls, and boards the plane.
I get to my seat, surprised to see I have a neighbour. "Hi, I'm Harry Lewis, nice to meet you. Moving to London as well?" He smiles, and I blush a bit. "Yeah, can't wait. I'm Madeline Aitken by the way, nice to meet you too."
We chat as we begin our ascent. "So Madeline, how old are you? I'm 18, and stoked to move out." I grin, thank goodness he's my age. "Same actually, I can't wait to see the Tower! I'm moving in there with a roommate who I haven't met yet, I think his names Tobi?" Ugh, I'm over sharing to a stranger. Typical. "No way you're in the Tower! Same! And I know Tobi, you'll like him. He's quite quiet, and he's a really good cook." Harry smiles at me, and I feel butterflies rise in my stomach. His sparkling blue eyes gaze into mine. He couldn't like me, it's impossible, we've only just met! "So uh, can I call you Maddy, is that ok?" I nod. "Since we're in the same building anyway, can I get your number? Ya know, like all good neighbours." He winks, and my heart races. I put my number into his phone, adding a heart next to my name. He looks down at it, smiling. "So uh, my flat mates and I are having a party tonight, wanna come? Tobi will be there, and you can meet the rest of our friends." He looks so hopeful, and I can't turn him down. "Sure! Text me later."
The seatbelt sign flashes, signalising that we've arrived in London. I gulp and Harry notices my nerves.
"Hey, it's gonna be fine. Wanna share a cab to the Tower?" I nod, grateful for his kindness. We disembark the plane, and collect our luggage. Harry hailed a cab, and gave the driver the address. He then turns to me, intertwining his fingers with mine. "I'm really glad I met you, Madeline. Most of my stuff is already at my flat, so I'll help you bring your bags up." I smile warmly, so happy I've met him. "Thanks Harry, you're a lifesaver."
"Here you are, Stratford Tower." The cabbie drops us off, and I scan in for the first time, with Harry showing me how. We take the lift up to my floor, and walk to my flat. I knock nervously, but Harry just laughs, then grabs my key and roughly opens the door. "TOBI! I'VE GOT YOUR ROOMIE!" He yells at the top of his lungs, and a shorter guy comes running. "Boggo! It's been ages man, how come you've brought her up?" He's confused.
"Madeline's from Guernsey. Ran into her on the plane, it was a wild coincidence really." Harry shrugged. "Anyway, nice to meet you Maddy, see you tonight yea?" I smiled and nodded, I couldn't wait. Harry left the flat, leaving me with Tobi. "So, a guernsey girl?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, I'm surprised I hadn't met Harry before, since we grew up in the same county. I was homeschooled though, but I played with other islanders." I smile, remembering the fond memories of my friends back home. "I'm gonna unpack and relax, then get ready for later yeah?" Tobi nods, "yeah see you later." I walk to my new room, trying to focus on settling in, but all I can see are his eyes, those sparkling blue eyes.