'They'

"JAMES! Wake up we're moving!" Yelled the most annoying person in this moment of my life. My mom. 

"May I ask why?" 

"Because, they're coming to North Dakoda"

"What? I thought they were staying in Texas for now!" 

"Well, apparently they changed their minds."

Right now, I was exhausted and angry. I hated waking up angry. Who doesn't? Well anyway, the 'They' that my mom was talking about, was the 'Gift givers' giving the gift of release, or in other words, death. It's harder than expected, not being able to leave the country when there is a cult of serial killers on your ass.

Me and my mom live with a huge group of people who are split into two parts: the 'survival of the fittest' people and the 'I don't want to die' people. These two groups clash a lot about who gets to join. Thankfully both me and my mom are strong, but we were still desperate. Both groups agreed to take us in, and we were finally safe. Right now, it was 5:00 AM and I was running on 3 hours of sleep. We hurry to pack the few belongings that we have then get into the cars. As we are driving, we see the old, wore down bill boards saying: Make the world a better place, Let GO! or Travel to the afterlife, accept the gift.

Even after a year of passing by these things, it still sends shivers down my spine. We drive on and on until we finally reach Oregon. My mom and me settle into the room of an abandoned motel. There are spots of mold all over the walls and in the first ten minutes I've already seen three cockroaches. Personally, I hope they raid this place. while looking at this, it's hard to remember a time that I had a big house with a big room. What happened to our life? I thought, why did they do this to us?