Prologue

Remember this place? Do you remember? It was the place you loved most. The place we'd visit every weekend, spend time together and have fun. You would always nag me to come here, even on the worst days, on days when I would be lazy, on days that I was tired, on days that was just ordinary. But you made it special, you always do and you always did.

Endless thoughts ran through my mind, with so many questions unanswered and left unexplained. I stood still, as a wave of cold air penetrated through my thick red jacket and black pants, engulfing my body in coldness as if like ice. The hair on my skin stood up for a second, and then slowly backed down, catching the warmth given off by my body and supressing it. "This was your favourite jacket... you loved it when I wore this..." I said with a slight chuckle and half a smile, which quickly turned into nothing more than a droopy frown. Beneath me was soft white sand, slowly eating at my feet as they sink in and bury themselves in. The background filled with the sound of waves crashing one after another onto the soft sand, and creating a dark mix between the two elements. I let out a soft, gaspy sigh as something salty runs down the side of my cheeks and down my chin. "I miss you.." I said with a breathless voice and tone that let out nothing but sadness and darkness.

          "I really miss you... and I really love you... no one else can replace you... without you I feel so empty... I'm unhappy... I'm..." My eyes start to blur as more tears run down my warm cheeks, dripping onto my feet and the soft white sand below me. Creating stains in the dry sand and a pool of its own salty water.