Corner

The wind howling between the leafless trees, the bitter taste in his mouth. The dull room seemingly hazy. 'Where am I?'

The constant buzzing ringing in his ears. Or perhaps it was in the head? The smooth floor feeling cold due to the sweat.

  Unable to move his limbs, the feeling of heaviness keeping him held down. Trying to speak, ignoring the feeling of dryness in his throat. Swallowing saliva trying to calm down the pain. Finally having the strength to move.

Dragging bare feet on the cement floor, recognizing the place. His own house. How could he forget the familiarity. Since when did he get in the basement? For he lived alone. Walking up the stairs into the kitchen.  The warmer air hitting the skin of a trembling body due to the icy-cold air.

Haven't noticed that one spot that seemed darker. It almost completely blended in witching the shadows. Freezing in spot. Shivers running down his spine, feeling colder if that was any more possible.

Stumbling to say a word he asked confidently. Or so he thought, it sounding more like a soft whisper. Not sure if "it" even understood.  A rush of adrenaline went through his veins and body as approaching it.

But, as soon as his left hand reached out, nothing was there.

Shivering once again but not because of the cold this time. This time because of the fact that there was something for sure there.

Snapping out of his daze walking up the stairs to his bedroom. Many questions lurking within this mind. One fact that he was certain was that he wasn't imagining it.