The Application

Well, here goes nothing. I think to myself as I'm about to hit the send button. I'm applying for an interview to be Cher's Music Coordinator on her up and coming farewell tour. I'm currently in the process of sending my application to her management through email but I guess you could say I'm nervous. I keep telling myself that I have no chance and continue to think of all the other people who have probably also applied.
I finally get enough nerve to hit the send button.
I lean back and sigh in relief. I get up from my desk in my tiny New York apartment. It's 9 at night but I'm already tired. I walk over to my kitchen to grab a drink of water before heading off to bed.
"Ouch!" I yell as I almost trip on the rug under me while stubbing my toe in the process. I quickly grab my foot in pain but look up at the photo I knocked over. I sigh. It's a picture of Cher and I when I was ten. She was around 25 or so when the picture was taken. I really wanted to go to one of her concerts so I begged my mom for weeks to take me to see her. At that time she was with Sonny Bono and I will say, they were so cute together. Anyways, I pick up the photo and dust it off, I then set it back on the table it was on.
I set my glass down after taking a drink then head to my room. I close my curtains then crawl under my covers. Drifting off to sleep I wonder about how my life would change if I got a job working for Cher.

It's 8:30 in the morning when I wake up. It's Tuesday but I'm not worried about getting to work on time cause I currently don't have a job. I was fired from the school I worked at due to budget cuts. I was one of the assistant music educators and when they lost a percentage of their funding, I was the first to go.
I get up out of bed and put myself together for the day. I then leave my place to go get breakfast and run a few errands.
On the way out of the grocery store I remember that I completely forgot to check my email to see if I got a reply.
"Crap." I say under my breath. I start running back to my apartment. I open the doors to go inside the building then sprint up the stairs. Out of breath I get out my keys to unlock my door. I instantly drop the groceries and run to my computer.
"Come on." I mutter as I wait for it to load up. The spinning wheel of death is on my screen right as my computer dies. "Are you kidding me right now?" I stomp my foot in frustration and plug it in.
I decide that I'll need to do something for a bit until my computer is accessible again. I go to the kitchen and start putting away groceries. One by one the food fills the shelves and my fridge and pantry slowly become stocked again. I go back over to my desk and sit down in my chair. I try turning on my laptop again and it works. The screen pops up and I have one new notifications. I squeal in excitement hoping that it's Cher's management. Guess what, it was! "AGH," I screamed because I honestly thought I wouldn't get a response at all. I click on the email whilst hesitating. Yes, I got a response but that doesn't mean it was a good one. I just go for it and click it open.

"Dear Ms. Sarkisian, we would love to invite you to do a formal interview with our team. Your application has us interested in your experience and creativity. We will send more details in another email to follow. Thanks for your expressed interest in joining our team of creators. We will see you soon!" - Mr. Moore (Management)

"I got an interview. I got an interview!" I sing as I dance around the tiny apartment. And how I never thought this day would come.

Hey all! Welcome and congrats on making it through the first chapter of my new fan fiction! If you don't already know, this is a Cher fanfic. A quick disclaimer : THIS IS PURELY MADE FOR FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT AND IS COMPLETELY MADE UP. MAJORITY OF NAMES WILL BE MADE UP EXCEPT FOR A FEW AND NO THIS IS NOT A REAL STORY. So please don't come for me if certain information is not correct with the real world. I just randomly got the idea to do this and decided to go for it since I didn't see many Cher fanfics out there.

Please enjoy and give me your feedback! I'd love to hear what you think! Xoxo -EM