Prologue

In the world of Valenta, there were two kingdoms: The dragon Kingdom Arthuria and the human Kingdom, Adelia. The dragon kingdom was located in an isolated land far from the human kingdom to separate themselves from getting in contact with each other. It was past the forest and the long bridge; there lies the castle where King Artemis and Queen Ruka of Arthuria. The Kingdom of Arthuria had a culture of dragons that settled on their land from the first generation of dragons. Before the shapeshifting happened, dragons celebrated their own culture and race as a whole, and for centuries they have kept up with their traditions for a very long time. In the present, when the shapeshifting is adapted, their traditional clothing is Japanese and Chinese style robes with dragon scales designs and gold pointed metal plates on their shoulders to represent honor and their dragon culture. Their symbol was the golden dragon.

The Kingdom of Adelia was a beautiful kingdom full of life and fun. Their domain was in a beautiful land across the forest from the Arthuria Kingdom. The Kingdom of Adelia had a King named Lucailous and Queen Lunanna; their culture represents peaceful and religious people who worship their god and celebrate through festivals and dance for togetherness as a kingdom. Their traditional attire is Medieval Victorian-style clothing with white and blue colors representing peace and hopes for the future of their kingdom. Their symbol was doves with gardenia flowers.

There was an unknown existence of the dragon kingdom from the Kingdom of Adelia. One day war began when the Kingdom of Adelia soldiers first discovered the kingdom; they took the opportunity to infiltrate the dragon's domain and destroy their population. The dragons became furious and started to go to war with the humans. So the Adelia soldiers trained their men to become dragonslayers because of the existence of the population of dragons in the world. In contrast, the Arthuria dragons prepared to protect their land.

Soon after the war, they made a law decree that no human nor dragon should have any relationship with each other whatsoever, and whoever breaks the rules shall be exiled by their own kingdom. During this time, King Artemis Rheagal's father wondered about being friendly and making peace with the humans one day to stop the war. Still, he couldn't really go against the rule. Hence, he secretly decided to ask the gods for an answer which was to produce an heir from his wife Ruka and gift the son the golden dragon pendant necklace from the gods that had magical powers that would have the ability to change his form from dragon to human with his dragon's horns still attached to his head so that his son will eventually find a suitable wife to marry and make peace to the world.

The royal family Thornstrife's trusted advisor was named Valryon Slayner. He was a long-time advisor for the family for over twenty years, and was King Artemis's right hand man. He would soon be assigned to look after Rhaegal and the royal family in the future after King Artemis's passing. Valryon was a tall man with dark black medium-length hair, wore black and red clothing and sharp red eyes. He had high respect for King Artemis and how he ruled the kingdom back then, and Valryon never wanted the war or the divide of the realms to have peace.

He liked the chaos and destruction of the world, and he even secretly planned to take over the Kingdom of Arthuria after Artemis' death; however, that plan soon failed because of Artemis's plan for the gods to give to his son Rheagal and protect and save the world from any harm or ruin.