A Percy Jackson Fanfic

Hey, this is my first story and is in a very rough draft form. next part will most likely be a prologue hope you enjoy                                                                                                                                                                              p.s the main character is a girl.                                                                                                                                           

    Run. That's all I could think about that's all I could do. I was running through familiar woods, but  something was following me, something big, so big, it shook the ground with each step. It was gaining on me quick on me only forty yards, then thirty, twenty, ten.  

    I awoke in a cold sweat on the floor in a makeshift hut some of the others had built. Knowing that these "dreams" normally did not stay that way I got ready quickly, shoving my sleeping bag in my backpack. Already cold in the crisp fall air, I pulled on my torn sweatshirt, grabbing my makeshift bow I had picked up a few months back. I checked the sun and started to walking towards the north, not really knowing where I was going.

    After about 2 or 3 hours, I started to get hungry so I stopped in a clearing and listened for any signs of animals, and instantly realized something was terribly wrong. I pulled out my bow,  notching an arrow within the same second.

    I looked around it was a clear day a little frost was still on the ground  from winter, but all that was around was a raven, circling high overhead. Then out of nowhere, a giant pig burst out of the woods knocking down two fully grown trees. I had to jump and roll just to dodge the trees . It stopped and turned toward me, ready to charge. Now is when I got my first good look at it, it's at least twenty feet tall and thirty feet long, with seven foot horns.

    It was  fat, with a muddy coat, and eyes filled with a furry that I somehow just knew it wanted me dead. As it charged, I let an arrow go, which flew into its snout, but it didn't even seem to notice. He kept coming, and I got ready to take a leap but I was a little too late, in mid-jump he caught me with his snout and flung me fifteen off the ground, smashing me into a tree.

    I heard something crack and I hoped it was just the tree. The fall hurt less than I would have thought. I was about to get up and fight, until I realized how much blood I was covered in. It was covering the left half of my face, my left leg felt like it was on fire, and I knew what the felt like from personal experience. All I could think of, is if anyone would even notice me gone. I had no one left.

    My mom had died in a house fire,  and I had never met my dad. I didn't even know his name. No brothers, or sisters. No aunts, or uncles to my knowledge. Nothing. No one. I would die alone in the woods by a.. a....I didn't know what was going to kill me.

    I closed my eyes as it made its final charge, I'm still not sure if I did it out of pain, or if I had just given up. It had been too long, was it just toying with me or had I died? I slowly opened my eyes, and saw something even scarier then a ten ton pig....the same pig being savagely ripped apart. They were so fast, I could barely make them out, but they looked like three giant wolves, bigger than even  horses.

    They were dragging the beast into the Forest at an alarming rate, leaving a bloody path behind them, and they were all gone with in a matter of seconds. Even if the wolf-like things didn't come back to finish me, I was going to bleed to death in a matter of minutes. My vision started to fade from the pain left my left leg . I was tired so tired... As I accepted  the inevitability of death, there was a sharp thud next to me, a rustle, then warm - no hot hands - lifted me gently on to something. After that darkness nothing. Nothing at all. My already broken little world had been smashed in a blink of an eye and now all there was, was cold, cold darkness.