Part 1 - Flashback

I sat in the sandpit of my new nursery when a boy walked over. He looked around my age. I watched him talk to himself, looking away when he looked over. The young woman who I have to call 'Miss Wilson' walked in and watched all of us with her frowning face.

Miss Wilson is a silly person. She makes all of us listen to her read when it's nap time. I don't really like her, and I told my parents. But they tell me I have to be here otherwise I might grow up stupid and make silly mistakes. But I always giggle when they say that. But I want to skip school, become a vet and help sick animals. Will that be my final wish? I always ask myself.

Oh, my name's Charlie, short for Charlotte. I started school, well nursery, and I hate it so far! Everybody's a big meanie!! They always push me around! I told Miss Wilson, but she yells at me, tells me I'm making up a story. I would never lie! This place makes me want to scream!!

Anyway, I kept watching what the boy did, too scared to go over incase he yelled at me like the others. Is everybody like that? Or only a few people? Hm, I guess I should go and see if he's a nice person, so I stood and walked over to him.

"Hello!" I said happily.

"Oh, um, hello there." He said softly.

"My name's charlie, and your name is?"

"I-I'm Toby..." He said shyly. After that, we became best friends. Or at least I thought we did. But that day, he lied about what happened to his family, and most importantly, us...