Goodbye.

[Shavali] -

I hastily sigh and walk inside Sony Music's office, scratching my hand all over my face.

"Shava..", Hardik stops, midway as I walk past him, furiously.

I know where he is, I push the door of the conference room and it makes a clutter sound in the air, forcing all the heads to turn at me.

Darshan's expression shifts to blank, as he stands up and take steps towards me in order for me 'to not' insult him. I push his collar, and he doesn't makes any move, he stands still but the blood in me boils, and it all, the whole thing covers me up again, sending shivers down my spine.

I forcefully shut my eyes tight, and flick my hand in the air and in seconds it collides with Darshan's cheek. I loosen my grip over his collar and take a step backwards in utter shock. I'm as surprised, as everyone else is.

I look at him, whose eyes are dead red, and he has clenched his hands into tight balled fists. He shrugs ridiculously, creasing his clothes. He smiles at the people behind, maintaining his composure.

I look around and as the impatient pair eyes glued on me anticipate for me to speak something abusive to Darshan, he speaks, "I'm sorry for the personal interruption, right here. I would apologize from the bottom of my heart but right now I just need a little time with her", he looks at me and then continues, "I shall get back to you within a day. I hope you all understand", he laps his hand around my wrist, tightly grabbing it and pushing me outwards as he walks.

I didn't dare to speak because honestly I was scared. It feels that his thoughts are like blood to him, right now. In the morning it felt like my world turned around, and as their are hands that turned it.

I wanted an ANSWER but all what I got was ignorance, I felt like a piece of filthy garbage, who's supposed to pick its own-self and get into a bin. I couldn't even note down the people's reaction, as they saw us. I was awestruck. So were them, I guess.

"Sit Shavali", Darshan prompts, coldly and after gulping hard, I sit down in his car, bulking my seat belt, staring straight, out of the window.

I desperately want to hear, I desperately want to. I don't know, with a profession like mine; a doctor which seems ridiculously boring to others, I'd always desired to live a great love story and to fight for my love. To prove, it's for real, to myself and just myself but I figured out that there's nothing remarkable fighting for your love, it's just as ashes because you constantly try to put efforts from your own side, when there's no lethal response from the other side; that's Darshan.

It's just like squashing a squashed lemon, it's nothing...there's nothing romantic in fighting for your love, I realize as I sit in his car with stones in my chest.

*

After a straight drive of thirty minutes, we're here, on Darshan's building's terrace, staring at the city streets which are lighted up.

Just a month ago, we used to sit here and I used to read him poems out of my Kindle but realizing it won't happen anymore simply tears me apart. I'm going to live with these feral thoughts and stumble upon old videos of us, I've no idea for long I'm going to do that and as happiness will throw stones at me, I'll aimlessly stare.

I thought we were meant to be, I thought we'll happen, we'll break up in success but here, I feel lifeless and clueless of what's really happening. I wanted him to fill me and spill it off sending grief all over me, but I see an unclear future of us, stirring round my mind.

"Shavali sit", he sounds much calmer now. I stand still.

"Why did you broke our engagement? You said you loved me, didn't you say it? You said you were sure. I knew it was arranged but you could've backed off at the start, why did you pulled me into strong feelings, you could've backed off", I blurt out, whatever, I just do.