Loving you is a great sin

CHAPTER 1: "UNEXPECTED"

(unedited)

The cold water running from the shower was actually soothing to the skin. It relieves all my stress. I've been thinking whole day of what should I do now? What will be my next move? Now that I finished my on-the-job training. Should I start redo my resume and start applying to the various companies? But I am not yet ready to conquer the real life. I'm not yet into waking up in the morning and drag my butt off to work for a living. Sigh. My god enlighten me please.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I turn off the shower before grabbing the towel and wrap it around my waist.  I look at my phone to see who's calling. It was my older brother and I quickly press the answer button "Hello bro?"

"Hello Alden. How are you? What's your plan now?"

And just my luck! I don't know how to answer my brother because I really don't have plan yet. Plus, I'm afraid he will get disappointed to me. I mean he's the one who spend for my education and I am very thankful for that. I need to have plans by now or maybe even before I graduated. Yeah right! 

I feel nervous but I need to be honest with my brother. "Umm...bro I-I don't know yet?!" I closed my eyes and bite my lower lip as I spoke. Getting ready for my right ear for a shout.

"Hahahahahaha. That's what I thought. So I am wondering if you wanted to take another course? maybe something that is related to your old one? How about culinary arts? How do you think about that?"

Did I hear it right?! Did he just laughed? I was expecting the other way like, yelling me. And what did he just said? take another course? culinary arts? WHAAAAAt? No way! As in no way! So I shook my head, I even slap my face just to make sure that I am not dreaming. God! Thank you for answering my prayers in less than ten minutes. I was so happy and answer my brother excitedly. "I freakin' love that bro! But culinary is quite expensive, right?"

"I know,but don't worry about it den. I can handle it. Besides I wont take that offer to you if I'm not prepared financially."

"Well yeah right. But bro-.

Before I can finish my brother cut me off.

"Den, enough with the but's. I told you I can handle it, don't you have any trust with your brother? When did I fail you?"

If there is one thing I love about my brother is his generosity. He never failed me,not once! He meant what he says.

"Not even once if I remember! " I answered him with a laugh!

He chuckle and said "So now I want you to go in ISCA ask them about there program and all the requirements needed."

ISCA is stands for International School for Culinary Arts. It is one of the best culinary school in town.

Feeling happy and excited I answer "Right away bro. I'll call you later. Thanks!" 

Before he hang up he said. "All for you den. Call me right away".

I can't content my happiness and so right after my conversation with my older brother I am jumping inside the bathroom like a child who got the best present on a christmas day. I never did realized that I will be in a culinary school. I dream about it, yes! many times but never had it crossed in my mind that it will really do come true. We're not rich. We are just a middle class family. My father died when I was five years old beacause of diabetes. He left my mother with a three children. Frank; our eldest brother who is fifteen years old at that time. Now he is an Account Manager in one of the BPO industry. Followed by Abby who's ten years old when my father died. She is now working in the bank as Associate Officer. And I am the youngest. My mother is an elementary teacher.

After the death of my father our house was taken by the bank because of our huge debts. We are left with nothing. So we stayed in my auntie's house. A year after that, we are starting to recover. We moved in a small house that my mother rented. Somehow we managed to live happily despite of all the problems that we've been through. That is why I am very proud of my mother. She'd been through a lot of difficulties. It is not easy being a mother and a father at the same time. It is so hard to be a single parent and raise three children but she did. She is our inspiration. That is why my older brother and my older sister is working very hard. Now we have our own house. All thanks to my brother and sister.

I feel nervous and excited when I reach the ISCA. I was welcomed by the woman who is in her late forties. She has a pale skin and dark short hair. She have a small beautiful face. Smiling she greeted me. "Hi, good morning. Welcome to ISCA. I am Mrs. Phan." Giving her hand fo a handshake.

I shook it and say "Hello ma'am, good morning. I am Alden Mikasan."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Mikasan. Have a sit please. I suppose you're going to enroll in our school, right?" she smiled at me putting her two hands under her chin.

"Not today ma'am but I am very interested that's why I am here to ask about the program. How many years and how much would it cost?"

"I see. ISCA offer a one year diploma program. We have a five modules which are consists of a soup, breakfast, taditional cooking, pastry and international cuisine. Each module has an expand of two months. After you pass all the modules you have two months to finish your on the job training with our of course, five stars hotel partnerships here and abroad. Regarding with the tuition fee. It cost P270,000. Upon enrollment you are going to pay P50,000. That is excluded of course of your uniform, knife set and bag, book and clogs. Your class is five times a week and it's only half day. Do you have any questions Mr. Mikasan? And oh before I forgot let me remind you that we only have limited slots. But no worry Mr. Mikasan if you can't make it this batch, you can still enroll in advance to the next batch." Mrs Phan said.

I feel my jaw dropped as I heard how much the tuition fee is. Wow, that is quite expensive. And yikes! they only have limited slots? I said to my mind. "Um no, I guess I you give me all the information. I hope I can make it this batch. Thanks Mrs. Phan."

"You're welcome Mr.Mikasan. Hope to see you this opening." She smiled. "Would you like to take a tour on our kitchen?" She asked me.

"I would love to!" I said.

Mrs. Phan guide me to the kitchen and tour me inside. I was mesmerized of how beautiful their kithen is. It is divided into two and every kitchen was complete with all the equipments. The tools are arrange neatly in the other side. Each kitchen has four stainless steel tables, two sink, big freezer and big chiller. There are about fourteen gas range;each of it has four burners and a large size oven underneath. And each kitchen was fully air-conditioned.

Three words. "Im sooo excited!"