...

Gazing out the window, my mind has been preoccupied ever since I woke up from that dream. Lost in time, dull, dark and isolated. It felt like I was a caged bird. I was trapped in a small room, every corner a strange noise kept on chirping. They huddled closer together in the darkness having no idea what would happen next.

I'm currently on my way to visit my brother, Luke. This past days, my stomach fell down and a nauseous feeling succumbed me for no reason. The unsettling part is for the first time my brother - messaged me. My brother and I are like two peas in a pod when we were kids and ever since he pursued his studies in the city. He has imaginative and creative mind compared to me however I've only see him once in a blue moon. He seemed relentless and restless like a lion who got out from a cage when I last saw him. He's the only family I had.

Finally arriving at my destination, there I stood in front of a large gloomy and cracked building. It seems the building is left for good and as I entered, piercing stares met my eyes as if they could devour me in my direction. The employees had a sunken black bags beneath their eyes and their skin is as white as a snow. Not a single noise can be heard and there was a deafening echo of fright in the air.

My heart won't stop pounding for some reason... I head towards the reception to quickly meet my brother as the tension and atmosphere was too much for me to handle. "Ms. Reyes? Hmm..." He flashed me with a sickening smile that sends chill in my whole well-being. "Follow me", he led me to a murky hallway that seems to take forever to walk to. Overtime, I felt uncomfortable and big drops began to pour out of my forehead. "Are we there yet?", I asked quietly. He didn't respond. In fact, he was gone! When I decided to sprint back I was met by a sturdy hard wall. I scream out of distress hoping someone will hear me.

"You won't be heard"..."You're resistance is futile, just give up.", those words are echoing in my mind. I feel dizzy. The world began to spin. I hear nothing at all and I fell on something hard. I'm breathing heavily as the whole room was too much for me to handle the air. I began to reminisce the dream I had. The darkness and noise that seemed to echo forever. I realised that it was my voice "Don't go!", was the word was trying to desperately tell me in my dreams. Perhaps it was warning me however it's too late. As I lose my consciousness I heard a voice saying "Take her."

As I woke up, I was temporarily blinded by the bright light. The room was white. I began to contemplate and tried to move. I was stunned. I was chained on my bed! I tried to break the chains and it seems my efforts were in vain. Just as I was about to scream, someone entered the room. I look at him and my eyes widen. I refuse to believe what I see in front of me. I hope I'm not seeing things. "Hello dear... you're the last and final piece of our experiment... Subject 99 will now commence." I can feel my tears streaming down a river and eventually I release a blood-curdling scream.

End