The start

'Hey! Rick, meet me at my house. Let's have-'
'No, I don't have time, kane has already called me home.'
It was midnight and the street lamp was flickering.
Rick and Sham were walking down the street. It was the Bagginton street. Rick was the best friend of Sham. They were classmates since ages. Now they are nineteen and are studying in K.G.S college.
" Oh! Rick no problem, you can come afterwards anyway... Never mind...'
Said Sham looking disappointed.
But before Rick was going to say, Sham said 'What do you reckon, are we going to score good in the externals...huh?'
'No idea, but anyway I'll get that much to pass this year.' Said Rick.
Until they were talking about their exam, they had reached Rick's apartment and they bid farewell.

Rick was extremely nervous. It was his last year of college and he hadn't cracked any important exam.

He had just pressed number 46 in elevator when a man came panting and yelling
'Hey! Wait Rick wait...' shouted the man. Rick recognised the voice, it was none other than his uncle.
As he stopped the lift, uncle said
' uh... this lift will take plenty of time before returning.'

The elevator started. A sweet tone of birds chirping surrounded the lift as the speakers were aloud.

The lift stopped and a female voice said
'Floor number- 46.'
The doors opened and we turned left to see our door.
His uncle Peck was too old that he had wrinkles and drowsy eyes. As he pushed the knob, a loud bang of a plate broked pieces pierced our ear.
As we saw it was my mother.
She said 'Oh! You should atleast knock the door'
'Sorry mum...'
As he went to kitchen to see the dinner, uncle Peck sat down on a cushion sofa.
Rick had never listened his father's voice. Since he was born he only saw his mother, uncle... but not his father.
He always asked his mother about his dad and she had a fixed answer that dad was abroad and was busy and every time before he ask further the topic changes due to some reason.
He knew his dad's name- Ruf Gelen who was a famous architect and got a job at some country which mum never told.

Rick's flat had a beautiful scene. It was near a wild life sanctuary and forests so it was colder than the other places. Usually when it rained in monsoon, all kind of snails from plumbing entered the bathroom.
It was midnight when they switched off lights and slept. Tomorrow was his college and he would be returning by five in evening.