Tamress and My Memories of Her

Memory Over Dream

#teaser

SHE WALKED TO me after drinking up the can of beer that she bought before we got there. I noticed she drank it in the most out-of-character way. Ang totoo, kanina ko pa napansin na iba ang mga kinikilos niya mula ng dumating kami sa kwarto kung saan kami nag-check in. It was like I was with someone else.

Dala ba 'yon ng ininom niyang alak? O parte talaga 'yon ng pagkatao niya? I started doubting. Doubting my impressions of her, doubting myself, and doubting her.

Despite that, I remained sitting on the bed as she came to me.

She gently trailed kisses along my jaw then held me closer. Her face was just an inch from mine I could almost taste the sweetness of her breath.

"Say it again, Cobo. Sabihin mo ulit sa 'kin iyong sinabi mo nung first date natin," bulong niya.

I didn't want to react to what she was doing. It seemed like she was trying to seduce me. Something felt off.

"You said I'm the girl of your dreams."

"I remember that," I told her pointedly. I doubted if I still found her that special though.

She then took my mouth. Hinayaan ko siya. Magkahalong lasa ng alak at sigarilyo ang natikman ko. That was when she started kissing me deeply. She never kissed me that way before. I never thought she was capable of doing it that intense.

Siguro pwede na kong tamaan ng kidlat ng mga oras na 'yon. Because as I kissed her back, my mind flew off somewhere else. I thought of Tamress. And then I was busy wondering how her lips would feel against mine, if her kisses tasted the same as the girl I was with at the moment.

 ***