Trap the past

Lydia sighed , as she adjusted herself onto the uncomfortable plane seat . She would've liked to travel in a higher class , but this trip took her husband months to save for , so she should be grateful for what they could afford . Her six year old son, Jack, was asleep next to her seat , his gaming device was laying on his chest . His father-Zach-was watching his favorite tv show "F.R.I.E.N.D.S",and munching on chips. The weather was cloudy, yet the plane was jolty , but thankfully, they landed safely. They headed towards their Resort , where they were staying at for the journey. The lovely family spent their time together watching movies, and opening Christmas presents.

The next morning , they went to the resort's pool. Lydia was surrounded her admiring family , as she relaxed by the pool on a dream holiday. Her blue ocean eyes were reflecting the jaw-dropping view. She felt that she must have been the luckiest woman alive. Seconds later, Lydia , and her terrified husband and son were swept away by a ferocious 25ft wall of water, that devoured everything in its path. She was horrifically wounded , as she was dragged underwater by the North Pacific Ocean. After being submerged for in water for more than 3 minutes, she finally surfaced , and clung on a tree.

She was petrified, alone and convinced that she was dying, as had no hope anymore , from her family , or anything around her. Moments before the paradise was smashed to bits, Lydia was on a lounger at the Hawaiian Islands Resort. While her son was playing near his Father. The Mother watched in horror as her husband and Jack were , inundated by the roaring mass of dark water , that carried in it glow cars , and the chalet that the family was staying at.

Lydia went through a very rough time underwater; shook, and fear. Pushing against endless walls , everything was trembling , and breaking. She didn't experience any physical pain, but the sensation of drowning and submerging underwater was suffocating and unbearable.When she came to the surface , she wrapped herself around a tree, and held on for dear life. The pressure was forceful, it felt like nightmare ,yet she looked macabre. She had deep gashes on her chest, and veil-looking wound on her right thigh. Through the agony and confusion she saw something that brought a morsel of joy to her heart. About meter away, she could see a little head, she thought it was her son, but turned out it was just another lost, confused child.

Traumatized and fearing another monstrous, devouring wave, a Hawaiian man found Lydia grasping the tree , and ensured that she got to the hospital, he didn't let her leave until he was certain that she was in good hands. Lydia was convinced that the rest of her family could not have been as lucky as her , she didn't know if they were DEAD OR ALIVE.

After the tsunami struck, Zach had lost his son , who had been between his arms until the extreme force of the wave sent him crashing into a yacht. He got washed away, but grabbed a tree , and clung on it for half an hour. Then after a myriad of agonizing minutes later, he heard Jacks' voice crying out "MOM!DAD!HELP!" Zach was tracking the cries until he found Jack above the roar of the rushing water, and he held to him; therefore , he was still convinced that his wife was indeed dead. Nevertheless , he teamed up with another grieving husband and decided to search for their wives.

He had no choice , but to keep his son on the roof with a foreign. After hours examining every room through hospitals full of wounded , dying and already dead people. Zach could hardly believe his eyes. HE FOUND HIS WIFE! She was on the hospital's bed laying , coughing and screaming , she was hurt. She was going through a lot  of pain. Zach made sure of his wife's safety safety by staying with her.

Finally, Zach went back to the hotel roof to look for his son , that was in the care of a stranger. But all he can find was his son's dead body laying on the edge of the roof. They assumed that Jack had been murdered by them, so he won't back to tell Lydia. After she heard about the hurtful and heart-breaking news, she felt doleful. But Zach wasn't giving up on his wife this easily, so he gave her pills that erased this memory for Lydia , and so they returned without any knowledge of such an incident. They returned back home , to Mexico.