Chapter 1

I'm sitting in English class when it hits me and I realize I'm gay.

Yes the best place to realize this, I know.

My grand entry of acceptance went like this.

For some reason, I couldn't help staring at Jonah otherwise known as Jon-ahhh (dreamy) and I could feel myself getting lost in his soft wavy brown hair and dark brown eyes. His eyes which are looking directly at me.

Shit.

And for some reason, I was like woah this dude is the hottest dude I've ever seen which then led to my next few thoughts that went like this. Holy shit I've never seen a girl like this. Wait girls don't look like guys. Yeah, that would be totally strange. But I mean come on this dude, I would date. Hold up I would date a dude. Hold the fuck up I like girls right. No no, remember Kasa with her fake everything. Oh my gosh, I like dudes. Does that make me gay? Am I gay? Oh no my parents don't like gays. They don't like the LGBT community at all. Oh my gosh, are they going to kick me out? Noooo I'm homeless now and everything's falling apart. How am I going to eat? I'm going to starve. I'm going to starve to death. No no no that's a painful way to die. I would rather drown myself...wait that's also painful. Maybe I can overdose. Overdose on what? Water?? Water that you no longer have. That's it, I'm going to die of dehydration. I'm done wow I should've never told my parents I was gay.

It was only until my friend Sas hit my arm hard that I came out of my panic-stricken mode, and found myself still staring at Jonah who now held his face in confusion. Hold up if I'm gay does that mean I have to interact with my friends and gossip about the 'hottest dudes' around the school. Well you know if my friends liked that kind of stuff, which thankfully they don't. Oh, what a relief that is, but nope I'm still straight...Pray the gay away as my mother would tell me.

So being the idiot I am I put my hands in a praying motion and start to chant under my breath...Pray the gay away, pray the gay away, pray the gay away. This causes Jonah to look at me weirdly, now let us check...yup still looking at him. 

Dammit. 

Averting my gaze I look at Sas who has already gone back to her own fantasy world in her head and if I'm being honest I'm surprised she even noticed me. That girl has it lucky always in her own head never giving anyone but me and my three other friends a chance to really get to know her. Not to mention that girls GPA is a 4.9 which in our class of twelve grade is the highest, potentially going to make her our classes valedictorian. Shes always wanted to become a video game designer and bring to life her imagination. Oh did I mention that girl is a scary hacker. 

Scary. Hacker.

I wave my hand in front of her face and she doesn't even blink, like the hell? 

"Elijah?" I continue waving my hand in front of Sas's face now bored. "Elijah" I look at Sas's mouth and wonder if she's taken a new interest in ventriloquism. "Elijah Gaige"

"Sas how are you doing that?"

She continues staring off into space.

"Elijah!" 

"Sir yes, sir." I look to see the teacher staring at me and my face drains of color "I m-mean ma'am yes sir, wait no ma'am yes m-ma'am, do they say that? I don't think they say that. I mean Ma'am it is my honor to answer your question. Sorry Ma'am" my voice ends off in a squeak. 

She raises an eyebrow and the class is snickering take for Sas who looks like she's about to pass out "I was just telling you to stop waving your hand in front of Aikatherine."

"Oh sorry." And throughout the whole thing, Sas doesn't even realize we're talking about her.

You might be wondering why we call her Sas seeing as it has nothing to do with her name and the answer is simple, she's not a fan of her name and one day told us to call her Sas. All the adults refuse because 'names are important, blah blah blah' I mean the fuck kind of name is Elijah Gaige. Sure it sounds cool but...Nah I like my name nevermind.