Chapter one {1}

Word count: 1898

*~ASHLYN'S P.O.V~*

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

Rolling down the windows of the car, I blinked a few times to check if the buildings in front of me was actual reality. As we got closer my mouth dropped lower. This cannot actually be happening.

"We're here!" My mom said with a wide grin and a small clap. My father glance at me in the rear mirror raising his eyebrows and I gawked at him.

"Mom, dad no!?" I was at such loss of words right now I couldn't even find the right words to argue.

Dad drove up the hill and through the unnecessarily large golden black gates. As they opened the name separated in half.

"Empire Academy"

We pull up in the round about and there's this great huge statue of a man  maybe in his 30's in gold holding a book in his left hand and a trophy in the other. Below him stated yet again the name, this time in black with a fancy font and something else inscribed below.

There are hundreds of students all over the compound and I immediately felt out of place. Taking the book I was currently reading from my laps, I buried my face and sank lower into my seat.

"Why didn't you guys tell me? This would have been so much easier." I wail behind the book. My voice comes out muffled but I know more than anything that they can understand me.

"Because strawberry, we know you'd have said no. We know you too well. Besides, you deserve this. Plus it was great to see your reaction." My dad states with a smile.

Mom butts in, "And, you need to start living a little. You just stay home reading these fantasy romance sex books. Why not go out and try it yourself?" She teases and my brain fries.

"MOM?!?! That's basically just telling me to go have sex!!" I practically yelled out of embarrassment. She shrugged and my father gave me a wink.

"Oh no. This conversation is so not happening." I say to the both of them rolling my eyes and looking out the window.

I felt my ears grow hot and I grew flustered. I am not about to have this conversation with my parents.

Ever.

My parents literally gave me away to the most expensive ghetto college in town. When I say ghetto, I mean anything can happen here. Sex, drugs, staying away from classes whenever you want, leaving and coming back whenever you want; all the bad stuff that should not be included in a college.

The amount of money this school makes is not even funny. We're talking billions of dollars each semester from each students that sign up here every month. My family wasn't a rich family. We were wealthy and had a lot of money but we still struggled to earn it. In high school I took on a small job at the local market that gave me enough money to buy food every day. Not that my parents couldn't give me the money. I just don't like to depend on them all the time.

Everyone would look at it and think that applying to this college wasn't a big deal but to me it was a really big deal. I've read about this school in the articles and none of it suited my personality. Tattoos, piercings, drug addicts, sex addicts... I haven't even had my first kiss yet.

"Earth to Ashlyn." My dad laughs and snaps me out of my thoughts. I blush a little and continue looking outside.

Dad parks the car in the parking lot on the opposite side of the driveway and gets out. I hear a small soft murmur on my right and turn to see my little sister awake and actively sucking on her rattle. Her bright hazel eyes indicated that she had been up for a few minutes now. Sighing, I picked her up out of the baby seat and placed her on my laps.