Prologue- Introducing Lara

Success doesn't come easily. Lara knows that better than anyone else. She's in middle school, and for her, hell hole is much more accurate. For instance, she just got dragged away from the only people she cared about to live in some stupid country where it's always so hot, and no one in her new school wants to be friends with her, because they think she's some snooty rich white girl, because of her British accent. Her only friend in this new school is a girl named Afiqah, whose past is rather confusing. She was born in Malaysia, then moved to Philippines at two years old, then back to Malaysia at 14 years old. She's said that she really misses her friends back in the Philippines as well. If there was a best friend, then there had to be a worst enemy. If she could, Lara would have said the Malay language, but looking for a person, she would have said Kylie Teh, the richest girl at school. She acts nice in front of everyone, and makes it seems like she was on the same level as them. But to Lara, she is horrible. Maybe she's jealous. Who knows. The worst part is that she can't get too attached because as soon as she starts to get a grip on the Malay language, she's being transferred straight to a public school. She can't stay in the international school forever, her parents just can't afford it. Some people would just fake the fact that they're not doing well, but Lara cared about her parents, and she didn't want to put them through more stress. So she slashed through jungles, trudged trough swamps, up hills, down ravines, crossed rivers, (A/N: Sorry that's not what happened. I'm doing choral speaking and one part goes something like that so yeah it's stuck in my head.) So she did the best she could. It was all she could do in this situation.
*****************************
So guys this is a starter for a new story I had in mind. Well it's not quite new, I wrote the draft for this ages ago. I'm only just getting around to publishing it. Some of it is just word spew so yeah. Be warned. Anyways, enjoy~ and as usual, don't expect frequent updates!