the test

Athenas POV

I had just got done  scarfing down another bland meal when the boredom struck. i picked up the "bleh" grey colored food tray and dumped into the trash and set it back on the assembly line to be washed. i'm  so tired of the same old routine.

i have the power to control anything to do with nature, and i'm in a regular school doing regular things? i hate it. i should be thankful though, people with powers like me are usually killed unless they're useful.

most people with powers aren't very special. sometimes they can make water sweeter, or have a little extra strength. but if anyone knew i was this powerful, i'd be killed on the spot. i can make deadly lighting storms or tornadoes. i can grow trees to incredible heights and destroy everything. but i'm not. because i'm scared. i'm scared i'm going to be to powerful. but even with all that fear, today's the day i test it. here's a little backstory. my mom died when i was born, because of having me. considering my power it makes sense. i feel a little guilty,  i was a baby and i didn't even know her. so i'm not that sad about it. maybe that says something about my character. who knows.

but my father let it wreck him. He started drinking every night after the 5th anniversary of my mother's death. it wasn't bad every night, but a couple times of week he would get so angry. at everything, but especially me. he'd drink a few and tell me how a great a daughter i was. that i deserved everything in the world and my mom would've been proud.

after 5 he would tell me that it was my fault and if i wasn't born, she would still be here.

after 10-11 he would hit me, hit me because my mom felt pain when she died, so so should i. he punched and kicked me and sent me to my room. the only reason i was alive was because i have power over all things nature. including animals(includes humans) so i could heal myself over time.
i know, i should've just killed him. it would've been so easy. but, he did that all on his own. a few years ago he drank himself to death. so, now i'm here at leadership boarding school.

so back to the present. it's time to really test my powers. i didn't know what i wanted to do. maybe be a villain. the world hasn't given me anything to love, so why should i love the world? no, the problem is humans. all of them fucking suck. i'll punish them. or at least until i get bored again.

i walked out of the cafe and towards the double doors that go outside. the school was very fancy and everything had little details that made it very pretty. i pushes open the doors and left. a teacher told be to stop but i ignored him and persisted. i stood a looked up at the school. all the people here are pretentious assholes that deserve to be stuck here. so i'm gonna make sure they are.
"well it's time to fuck some shit up."

with that i focused all my power on the roots of trees underground. motioning my arms upward from the ground the roots flew up, with little effort on my part. i wrapped them around the school so tight and strong that it would take days to get them out.

i used wind power to lift myself up and tap on the window, motioning someone to let me in. it was the 4th floor so everyone was wondering how i got to the window. they'll find out soon.

i went to the front of the classroom and stood tall, ready to give a speech.

" hello fellow students! it's time i let you know who i am. my name is athena red." i smiled a little, this was really, really fun.

"i'm a magic user. i'm extremely powerful, more powerful than anyone you've ever seen."

everyone looked at me like i was crazy. they obviously didn't believe me. so i guess i have to show them.
"get out of class with that nonsense. i'm trying to teach" spoke a teacher with no common sense at all apparently. i decided to pull the moisture out of the air to make a water whip, and smack him across the face as hard as i can.

" it's not very nice to interrupt. do it again and i'll wrap it around your throat and choke you to death!" i said with a cheery demeanor. The teacher nodded quickly and held his face in pain. all of the student looked at me with fear. i loved it. i was always on the receiving end of this stuff, it felt great to be the punisher.
" are you guys scared? isn't that delightful!"
i started laughing hysterically. i couldn't help it. they look at me with shock and fear, but someone looked very calm. he stood up and walked up to me all nonchalant like. i didn't like that. i used wind magic to make him kneel. he tried to withstand it, but couldn't. he gave up and did what nature told him to do.
" what do you want. i'm having fun here, don't you mind?"

"yes of course i do! leave us alone,please!
"no." i said very calm. if he thinks i'm gonna stop while having this much fun, he's got another thing coming. i'm much more powerful than i thought, and the feeling is amazing. it's like being on ecstasy
the boy laughed a little and then finally spoke
"well, you're dumb to think you're the only one with magic." he got up, turns out i was so deep in thought i forgot to keep the wind magic going. he pointed his hands towards me and tried to blast my with fire. i automatically put it out with water magic. did this dude really try to blast me?! i'll kill this fucking brat. right as i thought that he tried to drown me with a ball of water surrounding my head. he had two elements he could control, i though i was the only that could control more than one element! what am i going to do? i don't know how to counter magic. fuck. i'm very under prepared. as i think i'm gonna pass out, he stops and i gasp for air
"what- the fuc-k are you??" i say inbetween coughs. he just laughs and falls to the floor, like he's in pain. what is going on here?

hi! this is the author! this is my first story ever so please tell me how you like it and how i can improve! do you guys have any ideas what will happen next?