01 | Love Interest

"Veronica!?" I hear someone yell as I walk into the table read room.

I turn to my left to see who said my name and see my blonde best friend, Betty Cooper. "B!" I exclaim before walking over and wrapping her into a tight hug.

"You're playing Alexis?" Betty asks, pulling back.

"Yeah I am, Vanessa," I say teasingly. We both laugh before we hear someone clear there throat.

We turn to see Betty's boyfriend, Jughead Jones, and a handsome red head. Like a really handsome red head. I don't know his name, but that he plays Josh and will be my characters love interest.

"Jughead!" I exclaim and walk over, giving him a quick hug. His character, Cody, was my characters cousin.

"Hey V," he says. "Nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too," I complement before turning to face the red head. "Hi."

He holds out his hand for me to shake and I do so. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Archie Andrews," he sweetly says.

I give him a gently smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Archiekins. I'm Veronica Lodge," I greet. I hear Betty try and stifle a laugh when she hears my new found nickname for Archie.

He laughs. "You're playing Alexis. Josh's love interest," he points out.

I blush and look down at our intertwined hand and clear my throat before looking back up at him. "Yeah, I am. Looks like we'll have to spend some more time together to make it easier. You know, for filming purposes."

He nods. "That would be great," he smiles.

•Two Hours Later•

I was walking to my car with my script in my hand, leaving my first table read with the cast, when I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Archie running up to me.

"Hey," I say, leaning back against my car as he gets closer.

"Hey," he breathes out. We stare at each other for a moment before he clears his throat. "I um... listen. I usually do this when acting, so o thought it would work with us."

"What do you mean?" I straighten up and take a step closer to him.

"We have a scene where we kiss. Make out, actually. I usually sit down and talk to who I have to kiss for a scene. We talk about it and say where this and this will happen. We talk about it and try and push past the awkward part of it. I do think it will be awkward if we have to kiss and we don't talk about it, seeing as we just met. Right?"

I nod. "I assume so," I mutter.

"So," he prompts and takes a step closer. He hold his script up higher. "What do you say you come over to my place I about... an hour?"

I nod. "That'd be great. Just text me your address since you got my number and I'll be there. Bye Archiekins," I say as I get into my car.

Archie smiles gently at me. "Bye Ronnie," he says with a wave before walking away to his car.

This should be interesting.....