To My Forbidden Love

Dear You,

You don't know me very well. Maybe you see me around the hallways, sporting sweatpants and a T-shirt and talking to a friend of yours, but I probably don't catch your attention the way you catch mine. So let me tell you about our perfect date.

I would first meet you in the hallway after school where I would tell you two things: Firstly, I have never had a boyfriend, which is why I'm incredibly nervous. The second would be that I really like you, and would love to take you out. To get away from this mess. To escape.

You would look at me for a moment, brown eyes shining with interest, and then you would smile. Grabbing my hand, I'd end up being dragged across the school and into your car.

"Where are you taking me?" I'd ask. 

With a sly look, you would only reply, "We're going to escape." And you would drive so far we would seem to escape all worry and anxiety. And I would feel safe. After some chit-chat, we'd arrive at a train station. You would get out of the car and open the door for me. After buying tickets and boarding the train, we could start talking.

"So how did you find out that you liked me?" You would ask, curiosity laced with your words. 

A blush would color my cheeks, and I'd briefly look away. However, my eyes would find themselves drifting back to your face, and I'd reply, "The day I first saw you, it was like a light bulb went off in my head. I'm incredibly attracted to you. So I started hanging around your friends, and they would tell me about you. About how kind and gentle you are. How adventurous. How daring. And, finally, how empathetic you are. And I made a promise to myself to ask you out some day." Your smile would warm my heart, and I would lean just a little closer to you, soaking in as much of the moment as possible. 

After some more talking, we would arrive at the location you wanted to take me to. I would step off the train to see the ocean. An island. A place where we could be alone. Where we could be ourselves. We would get checked into our cozy little hut built over the ocean. The sun would begin to set, and we would dangle our legs in the water and watch. I would ask you, "Why did you say yes? Do you actually think I'm attractive?"

You would look at me and a smile would grace your face. "Iyler, the very first time I saw you, I made a promise to myself to ask you out someday." I would have fallen in love with you all over again.

That's what I imagine our date to be. But you'll never get this letter, and you'll never know how I feel. So I will settle for telling the world.

With love,

Iyler