Chapter one

Aditi woke up anxious. It wasn't a surprise to her though, she has been having difficulty in sleeping and experiencing morning anxiety for a few days now. After all the moment of truth will finally be here in a few hours, for which she has been preparing for last two years.

She left her friends, school or what may seem like any resemblance to a social life behind to prepare for IIT JEE. But it didn't bother her because she was clear about her goal, she always has been. And it will all be worth it. Or will it? She wondered. What if I don't get selected?

'When is the result coming?' Aditi's mother asked at the breakfast table. 'Around 2 I guess' she replied. 'Don't worry beta, you will get selected' her mom trying to console her in the best way possible. She merely nodded and tried to eat her food.

Two years seemed to pass by so fast but these four hours seemed like forever.

She browsed Orkut on her computer and opened GTalk. Rohit was online. But she decided not to ping him. They would end up fighting again. Where is my relationship going? She wondered.

She went to her study, picked up her favourite Erich Segal book and started reading. She didn't realise when she went into deep slumber.

'Aditi' her mom shouted a few hours later. She woke up with a start. 'The result is out - open your computer and check'.