March 17th, 2019

The song Undertale provides a feeling of comfort to me. Of the days I would be hugged by family, when dragonflies and butterflies would fly so much more often, when I would run out in the sun or when I learned to swing without being pushed with the promise of icecream.
I had never felt any emotional pain aside from frustration. Nothing really stuck with me, aside from that time my grandma still hadn't gotten used to the idea that girls didn't always have to like girly stuff like barbies, princesses and castles and she told me I couldn't have this bat cave toy.
But that would all be broken when I first went to school.

People were actually mean to me. For some reason. No one here seems to really care about how they affect others.
No one really gave a reason so I guess I started looking for reasons. And everything pointed to something about me. So I tried my best to be like others. Only to get into more trouble. I have been pinched, punched, hit, with little action from the school...
Than, I learned about this thing called Monster High. Yes, it's cringy, it weird. But I don't care. Monster High changed everything for me. I learned to no longer be ashamed of who I was. So, thank you so much Mattel.
Look, be yourself, within the confines of society. There's nothing we can change about societal rules. I mean, we can, but it would be hard. But, if "friends" don't like you for something about yourself, if your crush doesn't like you, than they don't deserve you. You shouldn't be with them. And if no one in your area is willing to accept you, there is always somewhere on the internet that will.
Social rejection is a serious problem. It can cause the inability to, well, obviously, learn social skills. It's crucial for your well being. So, share this, because it's a problem that needs to come to light. Schools need to actually do something. If a student gets hurt, even if there is no permanent physical damage, it needs to be addressed because there is psychological and emotional damage going on.

Karen Bierman from Pennsylvania State University says that children with small differences from others, like, liking different things, having different world views, or even for things they can't help like autism or ADHD, or an injury or strange birthmark, or growth, have a higher chance of being rejected. Even if they try to act like others or move to new schools, it continues.
Rejected children can develop anxiety, depression, or worse, like growing up to become a school shooter, a big problem in my home country of America.(From Wikipedia, an unreliable source but it has info. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_rejection)
If any of this needs to be added upon or if something I said was wrong or anything, please tell me. But as someone who has personally experienced rejection, all of this sounds accurate.

But recently, I've found friends and I feel much happier than I have in a long time. Not just online, but in IRL which I didn't think would ever be possible...Thank you so much, everyone.

It's okay if you prefer to be alone most of the time. It's okay to wish to not have friends or lovers. But being around people and not getting pinched all the time is much more preferred.
And yeah, rejection can fuel good things like creativity...But, creativity is also one of the things that fuel it. Think of all the great minds we may have lost to this...