No Longer Oblivious

alternate ending b/c it's what the fandom needs rn tbh

click

Chat Noir and I pull away from each other to see Alya holding her phone in our direction and Nino behind her. Guess she got a good photo of us. "Ladybug, Chat Noir!" my friend shouts. "Are you two now an official couple?"

I feel Chat start to pull his hand away but I tighten my grip. "Uh...Yes. Yes, we are." Chat Noir stiffens and try my best to stop myself from laughing. "Now if you would excuse us, we, ah, gotta run before we transform back. Bug out!" I let go of Chat's hand and swing off. A moment later, I hear metal clink against pavement and Chat Noir is soon standing beside me. "Weird," I start, "You'd think that the Miraculous cure would erase our memories, huh?"

Chat's looking at the ground. "W-we're a couple now?" he whispers.

"Oh um, if you don't want to be then—"

"No, I want to be!" He clears his throat. "I-I mean, sure if, uh, you want to be then I want to be. I don't care. Well, I do care but..." I giggle. "What?"

"Nothing nothing, it's just that...well I'm usually the one stuttering around you...Adrien."

"Right...Marinette."

"So, you're Chat Noir, huh? Who would've thought."

Chat rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah. And you're Ladybug. I'm not that shocked."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Y-you're not?"

"Well, no. It's quite obvious. Aside from the looks, of course. But you're both incredibly brave, kind, creative and I could go on for hours, honestly."

I feel my cheeks warm up from his praise. "Thanks." Our miraculous beep simultaneously and our transformations drop. "Tikki," I ask, "why didn't we lose our memories?"

My kwami frowns. "I'm not sure. Maybe it has something to do with the bond that you and Adrien now share? Maybe your love is so strong that it was impossible to erase it."

I blush again and I see Adrien do the same. "O-oh." he stammers. "W-well, um, t-that could be a...a possibility. I guess."

Tikki laughs. "You're almost as bad as Marinette when she stutters!"

Adrien's face turns redder. "Ha, ha. Really. Speaking of which, how come you used to stutter around me all the time?"

Now it's my turn to blush (again). "Oh y-you didn't know? I, uh, I had this h-huge c-crush on you. I mean I still do but now...yeah."

Adrien smirks. "Guess I now know why you were so adamant about loving Chat Noir. You were already head over heels for him and you just didn't know it."

I roll my eyes and try to deny it. "As if! Well...I guess."

"Hah! See, Plagg? I told you that she secretly loved me."

Plagg gags. "Don't drag me into this."

"Hey, Marinette, you're not disappointed, right?"

"Disappointed about what?"

"Well," Adrien avoids my eyes. "About me being...him."

"What? Of course not! Adrien," I grab his hands. "I've never been happier. You're so kind, generous, and...and amazing. You and Chat both. This might sound ridiculous but if it weren't for you, I probably would've given Chat Noir a shot ages ago. I'm ecstatic about finding out that my best friend and partner is the person that I love."

Adrien looks into my eyes again. "And I'm happy to find out that the person that I love is my best friend."

I smile softly. "We still have a lot to learn about each other, and I can't wait to find out almost everything about you."

Adrien returns my smile with one of his own. "I feel the same. Ladybug, Marinette, I love you. I really, really, really love you.

My heart soars and I am unable to get any words out. So instead I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. His hands snake around my waist and he returns the gesture. Fireworks explode in my chest and I smile, ecstatic. 

So this is what true love feels like. Wow.