PART I

2000

Winter in London, one of the coldest Christmases ever,family from America are coming, and Mirandq certainly wasn't happy, at all.

-"honey, come down to say hi to your aunties and uncles!"- Carrie calls her daughter who is hiding in her bedroom, not wanting to come down.

Miranda is really upset, she knows no one, and the people over there are all old and boring, she just wants to get in her nappies and wait for Santa Claus.

There's a knock on her bedroom door and her dad opens the door and peaks inside taking his glasses off and walking inside, cautiously.

-"where could my little monster be?"- Charles asks to no one in particular, knowing Miranda was laying in the floor by the bed.
-"stop it, I'm not coming down"- Miranda said while sitting, Charles walk over his little girl and sat next to her.
-"why my love?"-
-"they are boring, no one wants to play with me"-
-"well do you remember Fi?"-
-"yes, your best friend"-
-"well Fi has a daughter, and she is your age, and she is also very bored and she is downstairs and no one wants to play with her"-
-"you are lying"- Miranda looked straight into her father's eyes.
-"I'm not darling, her name is Faith"-
-"but I don't know her, why is that?"-
-"because she was living with her dad, but now she is back here, and you should make her feel welcome, don't you think?"-
Little Miranda was convinced she had to meet this girl, so she stood and offer her hand to her father so he could stand up, Charles took her hand and pretended to use her as support to stand up and walked behind her to the door.
-"wait! Should I change my clothes?"-
Miranda was wearing a Christmas themed pajama with raindeers all over it.
-"only if you want to"-
-"okay then"- Miranda open the door again and walked down the stairs where everyone was.

Her mother was talking to her American uncle who she had met earlier but she didn't walk to her, she looked again to her father and he pointed to the couch in front of the Christmas tree where a brunette girl wearing a black dress was sitting looking at the tree and the lights.

Miranda let go her father's hand and walk towards the girl.

-"hello, I'm Miranda"-
The girl had tears in her eyes, so she dry them with the back of her palm and looked to the cheeky girl in front of her who was offering her hand.
-"you are wearing nappies"- the girls said.
-"yes, I am, I was upstairs but then my dad said you were here and bored and I wanted to invite you to play with me"-
-"why?"- Faith asked.
-"everyone is old and boring"- Miranda walk closer to the girl and sat next to her in the couch.
-"I'm Faith"-
-"I know, my dad told me, you are Fi's daughter, and you were with your dad, but I don't know where"-
-"not anymore"-
-"are you sad about your dad?"-
-"I don't know why he isn't here"-
Miranda didn't know how to answer or to comfort Faith.
-"do you like Princesses?"- Miranda asked
-"what?"-
-"when something makes me sad, my mom puts on the Telly princesses movies, and then I'm not so sad anymore, I can ask her to play some movies for us, so you aren't as sad..."-
Faith nods in agreement and Miranda jumps of the couch to go for her mom.
-"mom, Faith is sad, can you play us some movies?"-
Carrie stops her conversation and looks at her 5 year old and then to the couch where little Faith is cuddled with a pillow.
-"sure hon, let's go upstairs and play some movies for you girls"- Carrie agrees and Miranda runs grabbing Faith and leading her upstairs, Carrie plays Beauty and the Beast and lets the girls in her room watching the movie.

Downstairs Charles is talking with Mathew and Fiona who is wearing her characteristic black attire.

-"looks like our girls are getting along"- Carrie mentions while grabbing a glass with wine.
-"I'm not surprised, they are almost family"-
Carrie smiles knowing Fiona means no damage with her comment, she always suspected she was in love with Charles, but they were never getting together, she had no reason to hate her.
-"they certainly are, like cousins"-
-"What are you going to do with her father?"- Charles asks Fiona.
-"nothing, he made his choice, now I have to step up and be a good parent to my kid, she has me, she will be okay"-
-"well, with your money, there's one less thing to worry, and you have all of us to help out with anything you need, right?"-Mathew says smiling to Fiona while the group nodded.
-"I know"-