part 1

mia;

the sound of my alarm awakens me from my deep slumber as I rose from my bed; I really hated Mondays. a groan escaped my lips and I stretched out every muscle in my body. I feared every day in this horrible place yet somehow I had become accustomed to the life of a foster kid. one rule I learned; don't get attached. I had been here ever since my mother sold me to Cameron Dallas when I was 16 and in all honesty, the foster home was better than being a part of the MAGCON group. I threw my golden brown hair into a messy bun and walked into the communal bathroom. my green-bloodshot orbs stared back at me and I ran my hand through my hair; god bless this hot mess... I thought to myself and chuckled under my breath.

the warm water felt soothing on my muscles as I prepared myself for another day in this hostile home; at this rate I had given up on being adopted and had gotten used to the idea of being in the system until I was 18 and then moving on myself. "morning Mia," chirped ally as I wrapped my towel around me and stepped out of the shower. I hadn't see ally come home last night, so when I saw her this morning my worry was replaced with relief. "morning al, where were you last night? I almost had jess call the police!" ally laughed in response and she looked left and right before beginning to spill the details of last night. "I went to Kian's house with Jess; Marcus was asking about you the entire time!" ally practically squealed and hushed herself; if the staff even suspected Ally snuck out, she'd be kicked out. I sighed at Ally and grabbed my things before we headed back to our room.

Today was a big day; the monthly meet with all potential parents looking for kids. I always tried to make an impression but being 17, it was hard to find someone who wanted a girl like me. I threw on my black jeans, white shirt and red puffer jacket and threw my hair into a high ponytail. It was hard being a foster kid, especially with my little brother Lucien and older sister Jackie being taken out of the system years ago. "Mia, Ally, Jess hurry up!" the staff yelled from downstairs, we always held the group up on these days but I needed to look my best; I would anything that heightened my chances of being adopted. "Mia," Ally and Jess whispered from across the room, "happy birthday." she handed me a small box encapsulated by a pearl-white ribbon. "Guys you shouldn't have," she and Jess were the only two people here who remembered my birthday, but in reality, most people here didn't really care. It was a dog-eat-dog world in this home; the only mateship came from those you'd grown with within the house. I opened the box and inside sat a necklace with the words 'I almost dated Eligh Fox in 2018' engraved on a small pendant. Tears began to well up in my eyes; these girls were my un-related family; they truly cared. "I love it guys," they knew me well enough to get me the perfect gift a girl could ask for. 

We jumped down the stairs and hopped in the buses. The optimism radiated from the younger kids but all of us down the back of the bus knew exactly how this day was going to go; we'd hang out at the back of the venue accepting glares from strangers who only wanted young babies and ethnic kids to prove they were charitable people. Ally, Jess and I sat on the stone wall which lined the park and as Ally began to dish the details about her and Kian, I heard my name being called from the other side of the park. Sam E, the owner of the adoption agency and his wife Ava were calling me over. I jogged over confused but intrigued on why they needed me. "Hey Sam, hey Ava! what's up?" I cocked my head to the side and a smile engulfed Sam's face. "We have good news, this is Bobby. Him and his family are here and are looking for a teenage girl to adopt; they chose you." My stomach dropped; was this some kind of sick prank? is today the day? I didn't want to get my hopes up but this could mean someone finally wanted me. "He would like you to meet his family and I guess make the final decision." Ava explained joyfully as she directed me to Bobby and his family. I smiled and walked over, shaking their hands and introducing myself. "Mia, it's lovely to meet you!" Bobby said, his thick Irish accent vibrating through the air. "This is my son Niall, my wife Maura and my other son Greg." They were such lovely people. "Oh and how could I be so rude, this is Niall's best friend." Bobby exclaimed. I locked eyes with the most beautiful boy I had ever met, his pale skin and hypnotising eyes captured me. His soft brown curls framed his face and his smile was effortlessly warm. "Mia it's lovely to meet you. My full name is Harold Styles... but you can call me Harry."

to be continued, happy birthday mia.