prologue

The shadows ran behind me making me fear for my safety as well as the safety of my little brothers.

bravely...or stupidly I trudged on holding both of their hands.when I suddenly heard gunshots!!

my brothers screamed I hurriedly shushed them and lifting my youngest brother,drake,off of the ground. I ran pulling my other brother Travis along with us....not even daring to look back....Suddenly I ran into a wall...which in turn made me fall on my rear with drake landing on my abdomen...only it was not a wall...but a hulk of a man with the most piercing pair of sea green eyes you have ever saw........

Ruthless billionaire Damien maximus Macmillan.....GOD even his name sounded nefarious. He stared at me with uncompromising dedication, as though i were a rare species under the microscope.

"nice night for a stroll,miss carter", he smirked at me. I simply glared at him. he grabbed onto my arm wrenching me to my feet,my little brother fell onto the ground infront of me. pulling my arm only resulted in him yanking on my hair to keep me still. He bent at the waist to glare at me,I met his gaze head on.......

then he said the worst possible sentence I could have ever dreamt of.........

"Your father can't pay me back the money he stole from me? no problem I am taking you as my payment little girl",he smiled at me as if what he said did not just kill a part of me.

6 years earlier.................

AUTHORS NOTE: HI my lovely angels....  this is my first book and yes it will have a few errors and alot of drama but one thing I can promise you is that I will try my best to make this as unpredictable as possible and one of the most entertaining book you have encountered here on wattpad.........please feel free to message me ....I love the comments you guys may have as well as any CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM YOU MAY have ....sorry for the short paragraph.....I'll do better in the next one🤗😘

xoxo

navi ❤